Worst Cycling Purchase

MrJacques

2 Black Burn carbon bottle cages at R500 each. Told the shop owner they will not hold the bottle. He said it would. Tossed them after loosing 3 bottles. Using R50 Lezyne cages now.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a fella at all the bike race registration expos with a little fold-out stand to put your bike on for cleaning / minor maintenance.

It was his own 'invention', cost R100 and was crap.

Also bought 2nd-hand a 'power meter' not attached to hubs or cranks but worked off astrological forces or somesuch; and it was so big it looked like a choc ice on the handlebars. White thing, cant remember the name, also did gradients by making them up on some kind of random no. generator every 10 secs.

Ok - so that buy was way worse than stand. I gave it away on the Hub in the end, even paid postage to the 'lucky winner' who was 1st to respond & happened to be in Cape Town.

I bought a stand like that - have been using it for years & it works really well.

I bought a stand like that - have been using it for years & it works really well.

Horses for courses - maybe i'm too clumsy, kept knocking it over; or your bike has a lower centre of gravity.

What is it and promises were "attached" to it?

clips onto your helmet straps and reduces wind noise so that you can hear your MP3 player ......

ummmmm no but if it was would only be useful for kids and Tumbleweed ..........

Now how would you know something like that?

clips onto your helmet straps and reduces wind noise so that you can hear your MP3 player ......

I remember now, they had a smaller version that was supposed to lessen wind noise as well. I had some, but please don't tell anyone as it was a noob purchase