Worst Cycling Purchase

MrJacques

Sorry I will also be the "butwhycauseIlovethis" poster.

But I have exact same one and it's easy as pie.

Any of the screw-on adapters is hit and miss on whether the valve core comes loose when you unscrew it. The Push-in versions are much less prone to do this.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A set of these....

http://www.camposlorca.com/images/cubiertamtb-geax-saguaro-white.jpg

...and trying to run them tubeless. Used them for 10km in a 75km race and (multiple) punctured both tyres. Had to be casevac'ed by the sweeper vehicles. Binned the buggers when I got home.

Coolbit.... %$^@#@$%#^&*%&%#$%# !!!! :thumbdown: :cursing:

(Please note that this is my personal view and is not intended to reflect poor on the product, I suppose that a lot of individuals will love this item; unluckily I am not one of those).

It must be because you purchased a knock-off brand?? My Camelbak works just fine...especially on long rides!! :whistling: :whistling:

Nope it's the real thing, problem is I don't use it! It's not given me any crap. I found on long rides 2 water bottles are more than I need and on stage races the water tables are awesome.

Coolbit.... %$^@#@$%#^&*%&%#$%# !!!! :thumbdown: :cursing:

(Please note that this is my personal view and is not intended to reflect poor on the product, I suppose that a lot of individuals will love this item; unluckily I am not one of those).

Looks like a welding cap. You can probably get the one below from Builders for a 1/100th of the price.

http://www.legionsafety.com/images/T/steiner-kk033-weldlite-fire-retardant-wonder-hat.jpg

Cool thread. My worst purchase has got to be Crank Brothers pedals. Shimano SPD are infinitely superior in every possible way.

Sometimes I think my first "real" bike starting the downhill spiral of bad (expensive) purchases that followed. :)

An early Raleigh dual suspension MTB. It was so heavy I thought someone had glued it to the floor when I went to move it. Hated it from the moment I rode it. It handled like a plump slightly stupid kangaroo.

Knocked myself out on it twice and needed 6 stitches in my leg after bailing at speed coming down Mikes Pass in the Catherdral peak area.

Eventually gave it away. Always felt I ripped the bloke off that I gave it to. His medical bills must be horrendous.

Yeah, my preference as well. It's nice not to have to reach down for the bottle, but I don't like the camelbak on my back and it's less trouble keeping the bottles clean. I might use it again for longer rides as my bike only has space for 1 bottle.

i really don't like taking my hands off the bars off road and i like the fact that i can descend as fast as i want and still have a drink while I'm doing it. re keeping them clean, its easy! just buy some milton which is in the baby foo etc isle in the supermarket/dis-chem. its used for cleaning baby bottles, you can even buy tablets of it. i use that to clean my bottles and camelbac. cleans, disinfects and doesn't leave any taste/smell in the bottle or bladder. sorted.

+ 1 on the GoPro a Hero 3 Black.

I just don't have the patience to edit and it is never recording when something nice happens.

It is in a drawer somewhere.

+ 1 on the GoPro a Hero 3 Black.

I just don't have the patience to edit and it is never recording when something nice happens.

It is in a drawer somewhere.

I"ll gladly take if off your hands and I wont charge you anything for it.

I will put it to good use too!

A second camera might just give the angle I was missing or looking for ... also 3D options with 2 cams! :eek:

Archived