Worst Cycling Purchase

MrJacques

I have a pair of those Olympic shoes. They are a bit heavy, but they're comfy for me and have lasted more than 3 years now. The soles don't have any grip on rocks though... my next pair of shoes must have nice grippy rubber soles.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the control version, not the s works.

Really bad luck then! I have moved to schwable and little more expensive but what awesome tyres! Rocket Ron/Racing Ralph combination.

I'll admit it . . . Power balance bracket . . . :w00t: (when it was The sh@t a few year back , i thing) :oops:

[

post-32108-0-99544300-1391430182_thumb.jpg

Crappy hardtail. Put me off MTBing for life. Crap MTB + inexperienced rider = hard falls & broken bones.

Actually, that's a good spec mtb.

I'll admit it . . . Power balance bracket . . . :w00t: (when it was The sh@t a few year back , i thing) :oops:

Ek wen , gee my "smarties" !!!

italian cycling garbs thinking they'd conform to normal sizing. Right. Tight lesson learnt.

You and me, both. I thought I could eventually fit into that jersey you sold me.

My worst buy is probably a set of clear bole glasses.... one drop of sweat on the lenses and these things never come clean again

Actually, that's a good spec mtb.

Shows you what a crap MTBer I am. Even on a good spec MTB I fail.

Shows you what a crap MTBer I am. Even on a good spec MTB I fail.

Haha, dont worry, you are becoming a true cyclist, ALWAYS blame the equipment first. :whistling:

Indoor trainer, used it twice - second time to make sure it was really as crap as I remember, it was. Sold it to the next sucker.

I have a pair of those Olympic shoes. They are a bit heavy, but they're comfy for me and have lasted more than 3 years now. The soles don't have any grip on rocks though... my next pair of shoes must have nice grippy rubber soles.

You have posted a couple of times on mistakes you made. Is the thread part of the healing process? Hopefully your recent purchase is a good one, hint.

So we have a nice thread with people showing off all their latest purchases... but what's the worst cycling related purchase you've made?

A cheap pump! Sitting on the side of the Monster, about 10km in, trying to reinflate a tyre with a sucky pump can be quite frustrating. This is the only ride that I've been on that I littered. I think I almost managed 80m.

Non-Shimano "SPD" pedals... flats on the one side, "SPD Compatible" on the other... could never unclip, to other peoples amusement.

A cheap pump! Sitting on the side of the Monster, about 10km in, trying to reinflate a tyre with a sucky pump can be quite frustrating. This is the only ride that I've been on that I littered. I think I almost managed 80m.

n pomp is n pomp ou maat :whistling:

Archived