Berge en dale - 8th Feb

lone one

Sorry if I am missing something, but is there number collection on the day? There usually is at races (not late registration, just collection).

Nope.

Just print your number, or ride without.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a good honest day out. Good marshalling. Not aware of big pile-ups around me. Was very frustrating when we (AL) ran into the back of the ladies at the same moment as hitting the short distance riders. What is the correct protocol? Surely if you just gave up a 10 min headstart you should respect the dynamics of the group catching you, and not try to pile into the middle (just to be dropped by the front- and creating gaps). I thought I had a better day but my time is marginally slower than last year. 2:54ish (didnt stop accurately). Our marshall was GREAT! Big UP!!

Dropped up hillsnax, dropped by B batch machines as well, but still managed ok ish time. Thanks to the guys who pulled, cramped on last hill so was never gonna sprint. One lady in the bunch seemed to have had a fall but was still pulling the bunch with nice leg and arm grazes.

Edited by TooTall?

Good day out, guys in B motored up the first climbs, tried to stay with, came in 3h02.

Must say that the idea of the 100km, 55km and regular cradle riders all sharing the same road at the same time made for interesting maneuvers. And dont get me started on the tadem dude that was switching through our group the WHOLE time in the cradle, at one point he was riding in the cycle lane ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD into oncoming cyclist, never mind cars!

Very tough race. Happy with my time. 3:03.

Good day out, guys in B motored up the first climbs, tried to stay with, came in 3h02.

Well done. What kit were you wearing?

Edited by GaryvdM

We had a lekke race .Our group c had a good thing going until we got scrambled ,disassembled by the training and shorter race riders .But still a great morning in a great place .My time 3h14 .Currently not fit enough for that last 10 km push

That was tough - but I enjoyed it. Rode mostly on my own but did tuck into a small group at one point for a while. Didn't have a single issue with other riders or traffic - there was a guy riding with one arm in a cast who was a bit wobbly but I kept out of his way until I dropped him.

Was a bit weird hitting the Cradle (our training ground) with 70 odd kms in my legs.

Respect to some of the older/bigger riders who rode like Trojans!

Hard day out. Made harder by some elite riders falling back to AL. But the bunch worked well together almost caught the break. Well done guys.

Managed a 3:12 from a B start. Hillsnax was tough, and my first time up there. I seem to have managed to stay with the second B group, only to be dropped at the Lion Park.

The short route riders and the regular riders made it interesting to say the least.

The last 10kms were hell. Was caught by the lead C group riders just as I crossed over the N14. Had nothing left in the legs to even stay with them to the finish.

This racing every weekend really hammers you :thumbup:

A great race in the VB category.

Couldn't have asked for better weather. Though 10min into the race I kept wondering why I put myself through this kind of torture. There was a 4 man breakaway up hill snacks. We were in a 8-10 man group, but those 4 guys just kept extending their lead. I came in, in just under 2h45.

Luckily we didn't have to contend with the short distance riders, like the the open/seeded guys, and the few people that were out for their cradle training rides stayed mostly clear of us.

Perfect weather for racing, BL - first climb was a nice reasonable pace. Next climb seriously go caught napping and missed the sudden surge in pace.

Second BL group was good Thanks the big guy in the midvaal kit - pulled me through the cross winds.

Cradle was interesting, to all the shorter distance guys trying to catch a free ride, you did nothing more than to disrupt the group and then get spat out the back 200 m later - why? just stay clear!

Todburg hall climb was were i called it a day (and i saw black stars!!) slowed right down (mainly to try stay on the bike)

Not to chuffed with time of 3.08 put was a good church session just praying for the end to come

Why do we do this to ourselves :drool:

Perfect weather for racing, BL - first climb was a nice reasonable pace. Next climb seriously go caught napping and missed the sudden surge in pace.

Second BL group was good Thanks the big guy in the midvaal kit - pulled me through the cross winds.

Cradle was interesting, to all the shorter distance guys trying to catch a free ride, you did nothing more than to disrupt the group and then get spat out the back 200 m later - why? just stay clear!

Todburg hall climb was were i called it a day (and i saw black stars!!) slowed right down (mainly to try stay on the bike)

Not to chuffed with time of 3.08 put was a good church session just praying for the end to come

Why do we do this to ourselves :drool:

Was really a good race. Interesting start with the hills but was nice. Was perfect until we got the last 10km. Its was hell let me tell u.

Ok well I was one of the shorter distance riders that snuck into the Al & Bl batches when they passed on the flats(I lost the plot with the first climb motoring up it and was battling there after) I only sneaked into the batches near the back as they were passing and stayed on the left side near the back of the batches.(You have to remember the short distance guys just go flat out TT and don`t even bother trying to group up - Its very frustrating) I actually tagged the one batch for a good 15km. For those short distance riders that messed your groups up, I do apologies. As stated above I tried to avoid been the cause of up sets by staying near the back and moving out the way when I felt I could no longer hang in there.....

I must say other then that first climb(Which sucked big time) the route was well enjoyable and I feel I would have actually done much better if I had correctly paced myself up the climb.