Berge en dale - 8th Feb

lone one

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The map showed that we get back onto the highway at Beyers? Last year it was the same but we were waived past th eoff ramp to the Muldersdrift road, past Carnivores?

Anyone have any clarity on this year?

I have sent an email to eventsupport@asgworld.co.za about this, and the start and finish locations. Will let you know.

I think it took me 21 minutes right to the end of the climb last year. I am thinking anybody can suffer for 21min. We must just HTFU

This one will be my first time and after reading all of this I think I should just pull a sicky. If I do actually make it up that first hill I will probably need a medic

Wendy, just take it easy up the first 3 km hill. You will suffer but after that just ride in your comfort zone. Most of these guys discussing the race are very fast and very fitt. But they will also take punishment in their own comfort zones. Good luck and most important thing to remember is to enjoy it.

Thanks Bat will do. Ive done a couple of Arguses and 94.7's but this Kdp hill is going to finish me. I will just plod up it

Only doing the 55km . Is this part as tough as the remaining 44kms (I think the Action Ford Classic was on this 44km part) be that as it may It was a sufferfest for me from about 15km in.

How much more difficult than the Action Ford Classic?

Only doing the 55km . Is this part as tough as the remaining 44kms (I think the Action Ford Classic was on this 44km part) be that as it may It was a sufferfest for me from about 15km in.

How much more difficult than the Action Ford Classic?

The only part of the 55km race which is going to be easier than the 102km is the distance. The 55km race have all the major hills of the longer route. Don't know the action ford classic.

The only part of the 55km race which is going to be easier than the 102km is the distance. The 55km race have all the major hills of the longer route. Don't know the action ford classic.

About the same in my opinion. After KDH you have a long downhill until you hit the lion park circle, then there is some rolling hills, once you cross the crocodile river its an avg gradient hill for about 10k, with a downhill past carnivore and the last 2 km climb on the highway

Thanks Bat will do. Ive done a couple of Arguses and 94.7's but this Kdp hill is going to finish me. I will just plod up it

Don't stress Wendy, it's an awesome race and if you have survived Suikerbossie you will be fine with Krugersdorp hill. See this as an opportunity to massively improve your 94.7 and Argus 2015 seedings ;)

Edited by Wez-O

Agreed, spin it out (you won't be the last person up the hill). You'll be warm by the time you hit the top.

I'm close to the start so contemplating cycling to the mall as warm up.

Wendy Krugerdorp Hill is a bit like getting the feared dental injection...you wait for it to hurt and the next thing you know it's over. It really looks harder than it actually is, make sure you've shifted into a comfortable gear before you hit the hill and use it to warm the legs for the race. Enjoy!

My first time for the race in VA and it took me 20odd km's to catch the bunch again after hillsnacks. Then only popped 15km from the end. Hard hard hard

Thanks for all the advice guys. This too shall pass and the good thing is that by Saturday afternoon its all done and youre left looking forward to the next punishing, painstaking ride youve entered.