Tokai MTB AGM - Nomination and Voting Procedure NB!!!

HI All,

It has been decided, in conjunction with Meurant Botha of AMARider, Rob Vogel of Table Mountain Bikers (partner in the larger Table Mountain Mountain Bikers Forum) Deon De Villiers (Chairman of Tokai MTB) Vince Muir, Richard Lord, Duane Bosch (members of the Interested and Affected Parties) & Myself (Vice Chair of Tokai MTB) that the nomination and voting process shall be as described below:

- Interested parties will nominate their individual choice of 5 committee members WITHOUT portfolio selection, and send such nomination through to info@amarider.co.za BEFORE 17th FEBRUARY 17h00

- Shortlist of Nominees shall be shown at entry to the Chrysalis Academy, and a copy of the nominations list shall be handed to each attendee together with a brief bio of each Nominee

- Each Nominee shall get a 2 minute window in which to justify their nomination to the Committee WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS from the attendees

- Attendees shall vote amongst themselves to for the 5 Nominees that they feel will represent them best, and be able to deal with PARKS (the main Stakeholder) as well as the MTB public.

- The 5 Nominees who have the most amount of votes will form the EXCO (Executive Committee.

- The EXCO shall thereafter determine how best to distribute the individual portfolios amongst themselves given each persons skillset, characteristics and strengths, at their first EXCO meeting.

- The EXCO shall nominate the Chairman and Vice Chairman from the 5 EXCO members given the unique requirements of each position at the first EXCO meeting

Note - The public will NOT be selecting individual persons for particular roles within the EXCO. This will be the role of the EXCO itself once the EXCO has been formed, and the strengths and weaknesses of each EXCO member have been assessed.

If need be, the EXCO will nominate a Co-Opt member to make up any deficit in skills and / or expertise within the EXCO. This Co-Opt member will be a non-voting member of the committee, and will consult as an independent member as and when the EXCO deem necessary.

The roles that persons within the EXCO will fill are:

Public Relations

Secretary

Treasurer

Parks Liaison

Fund Raising

DH / Gravity Rep

All Mountain / Cross Country / Trail Rep

The roles are able to be doubled up. For example, the EXCO member holding the position of PR officer may also be Parks Liaison and Chairman, or Secretary may also be Treasurer and DH Rep etc. etc.

Unfortunately, given the sensitive nature of the elections process, it has been agreed that there will be no allowance for Proxy Votes. If a member of the public wishes to vote on the make-up of the committee, they MUST be present at the AGM on 18th February 2014.

Please ensure that this is spread as far as is possible in order to ensure adequate representation for all members of the public who are not members of this forum, Twitter and Facebook. A copy of this notice will be posted at the majority of Local Bike Shops in order to ensure adequate circulation.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

So we can nominate anyone that we think is good for the comittee. And I assume that nominee's who feel that they dont want to be on the comittee can decline the nomination.

Pleasure guys. It's been one of those days. Admin load together with fielding questions left right and centre has left me a bit drained. Energized, but drained at the same time!

Pleasure guys. It's been one of those days. Admin load together with fielding questions left right and centre has left me a bit drained. Energized, but drained at the same time!

Thanks man! You have my vote!

Such dedication is what we need on that committee..