Pretoria to Harties

krl747

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which roads exactly do you take?

Hi. I ride from a plot just outside Pta North. I take the R513 to Harties, cross over Zilkaats, go past the cable car and back. Gives me around 60.

That's us :D

Bliksem, julle gaan vroeg uit. Half ses is tight. Ek is in middel van julle en harties - 20km enige kant toe. So ek moet 5uur al ry na julle toe. . . :D

I stay in Queenswood, so leave at 4 to go around the mountain to get to Maniyak's shop.

From end Feb start moves 30 minutes later :)

Will chat to the guys, let you know by tomorrow. It's either Harties or Cullinan this weekend, not sure either Saturday or Sunday lol.

I stay in Waverley so please keep me updated too!

Ok just got an update on WhatsApp - Saturday is 'normal' group ride from the shop at 05:30, back at the shop at 08:30-09:00, two groups (slow and fast) both are non-drop rides (ie slowest dictates pace)

Sunday the roadies are going to play on Klapperkop, so no Cullinan or Harties rides :( Ride also leaves from the shop, not sure of time.

Weekend after that we're going to Sabie for the MTN races.

Ok just got an update on WhatsApp - Saturday is 'normal' group ride from the shop at 05:30, back at the shop at 08:30-09:00, two groups (slow and fast) both are non-drop rides (ie slowest dictates pace)

Sunday the roadies are going to play on Klapperkop, so no Cullinan or Harties rides :( Ride also leaves from the shop, not sure of time.

Dankie vir die invite

Dankie vir die invite

Hey Trol, ons gaan volgende naweek Sabie toe. Betaal jou eie entry vir die marathon, ultra, half, kiddies of fun rides. Ons ry Vrydag middag, slaap in jou eie tent met jou eie slaapgoed en jou eie dop (daar is 'n awesome, goedkoop bar op die perseel) en bly Vrydagaand en Saterdag aand daar. Ons kom Sondag na middagete terug.

Vervoer, alle etes en verblyf is ingesluit vir R950 per persoon vir 'early birds', daarna gaan prys op!

is anyone welcome? What route is the "normal group ride"?

oh and what are the average speeds for the 2 groups?

Edited by Gandalf

Anyone welcome - both at group rides as well as sabie :)

Normal group ride goes north of Pretoria, the slower group does between 30 and 45km at a pace of well below 20km/h and the other group goes anything between 40km and 60km at a pace of around 20-22km/h.

It's largely dictated by the group before the ride, dependent on what training everyone wants/needs.

Sabie pace is 'go till you blow' :D

“Excuse me, sir, where are the Union Buildings? Close to the 224… And Loftus Versfeld? Also close to the 224… But what is the 224??” :whistling: :ph34r:

Ask any Pretoria person where the Holiday Inn is, or the Hilton, they are unlikely to know. The 224 - everyone knows the 224. I lived there for a month back in the eighties as punishment.

Anyone welcome - both at group rides as well as sabie :)

Normal group ride goes north of Pretoria, the slower group does between 30 and 45km at a pace of well below 20km/h and the other group goes anything between 40km and 60km at a pace of around 20-22km/h.

It's largely dictated by the group before the ride, dependent on what training everyone wants/needs.

Sabie pace is 'go till you blow' :D

Awesome, im there like a bear

Aah sorry guys just been informed that the early birds have gotten all the worms. Price for Sabie weekend is R1200 per person.