Campagnolo spoken here.

Cippo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just finished this rebuild of a lovely old Look KG66!

I think I recognize that Record Group set :thumbup:

The way I read the table is cassettes and chains are ok. If you use a pre-2015 crankset with 2015 deraileurs you will not get 2015 performance. A no no would be mixing and matching ergos and deraileurs.

post-13716-0-86359400-1438870005_thumb.jpg

Bar wheels and other minor parts, I've never had a Campy bike....guess I will have to make a plan........but I still wont by an Alfa.... :thumbup:

Campagnolo gear changers go "clunk". There is zero finesse. Odd for Italians. Ever noticed how the thumb changer lever chows thumbs on long rides and the nipple on top of the lever grips is so small it helps bugger all.................

Campagnolo gear changers go "clunk". There is zero finesse. Odd for Italians. Ever noticed how the thumb changer lever chows thumbs on long rides and the nipple on top of the lever grips is so small it helps bugger all.................

I'm not a 'long rider', but have done the odd 150km ride on my bike equipped with Record 11s and never had this problem! Probably. the opposite, I find the thumb shifter more intuitive 

But, to be honest, I'm a Campag fan because of the aesthetics and functionality (repairability). I have several bikes with Sh.... 7400 and 7700 (it's a Campag thread after all) and they ride equally beautifully, but if it goes wrong, say if the rear derailleur breaks, it's much more difficult to

fix (read replace).

Campagnolo gear changers go "clunk". ................

That clunk is more like the noise of an old world cash register, or the ring of an old telephone, and I like hearing it. There is nothing in that sound that speaks of the plastic throw away age. I like that too.