This is how we cycle

scuzzy

The cyclist were wrong. KILL THEM.

Typical SA motorist.

Take your time. Arrive 1minute later at work. What the hell is your rush???

There is this huge *@$%&^%%# thing in front of you called a steering wheel. Use it to go AROUND a group of cyclist.

Like I said. Yes, the are not riding according to the road rules. But they are saver on the road because you as a motorist tend to try and KILL a single file cycle bunch because you can squeeze your gas guzzler in on unsafe roads....

I just thank _@*%$ that motorist die at a rate of plus minus 2 an hour......and I smile every time I see a dead one lying there. Karma is a bitch.

And yes....I am heartless....only because motorist try to kill me at LEAST 5 times an hour in the morning.....riding single file (Alone), stopping at robots, stop streets, using signals, good lights. Doing my part. Yet.....still not enough.....

I can come post gopro videos here EVERY day of motorist driving 200+ in Pretoria, skipping red lights and just being pricks in general trying to hit you because he did not get any nooky at home.

Rant over.

And I still don't feel any better.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuzzy, If you are objective about the clip you will have to be honest and realise that it is a case of the "pot calling the kettle black".

The classic RSA road attitude of you are wrong and I am right. The guys cycling in the back were in line except when overtaking. The cyclists in the front were riding in a bunch hogging the road and not stopping at a stop sign. The driver that took the video clip was operating some or other filming device (propably a cellphone).

So now you are talking about the attitude of the hub. Common respect is what SA roads need and only expecting one group of people to keep their side clean and the other not is not going to work.

All it needed was some joggers coming from the opposite direction, and we could have all had a proper rant.

All it needed was some joggers coming from the opposite direction, and we could have all had a proper rant.

And it would have been the cyclists fault.

Scuzzy, If you are objective about the clip you will have to be honest and realise that it is a case of the "pot calling the kettle black".

The classic RSA road attitude of you are wrong and I am right. The guys cycling in the back were in line except when overtaking. The cyclists in the front were riding in a bunch hogging the road and not stopping at a stop sign. The driver that took the video clip was operating some or other filming device (propably a cellphone).

So now you are talking about the attitude of the hub. Common respect is what SA roads need and only expecting one group of people to keep their side clean and the other not is not going to work.

Respect has got to start somewhere. As far as I am concerned, the smaller object on the road, with a greater risk of injury, and no seat belt or airbag, should start first.

I seldom see a car hold its line when a 18 wheeler is approaching in the wrong lane, from the other direction.

Bateleur1, there is not a change that the movie clip was taking with a cellphone in hand, way to stable for that, but anyway.

Point is this. You can see how the drivers in both cars get frustrated with the situation, The BMW wanted to overtake, and then the single cyclist passed the other one without signalling, or looking, talking about how much longer it would take to wait for the cars to pass, before you pass the cyclist ahead of you.

The stop street, what ever happened there, it doesn't look like that caused frustrations for anybody.

But once they hit that little hill, not even looking behind then, or trying to get out of the way of the car, I think that is wrong.

Sure, the car passed on a solid line and all, but my opinion is that it was because the guys was cycling next to each other.

It doesn't matter what we feel right and wrong is here, point is, we should do what we can so no fingers can get pointed to us. Saying the we have right of way and things like that just make things worse. We do not have the respect of drivers and we are not doing ourselves any favor, as this video shows.

And it would have been the cyclists fault.

It always is, the swine! I'm going to post this clip on the 4x4 and car forum, get some real comments going.

@Hennie VR as I said, think you are missing the point

But lets all keep aggravating frustrations for what cyclists do on the road

Maybe I am. So what exactly is the purpose of this tread then?

Respect has got to start somewhere. As far as I am concerned, the smaller object on the road, with a greater risk of injury, and no seat belt or airbag, should start first.

I seldom see a car hold its line when a 18 wheeler is approaching in the wrong lane, from the other direction.

As I said, always someone else who needs to start first. That is why SA roads are what they are. I am also an owner of a car and also have to deal with the same problems. The road traffic act is clear that I can only pass when it is save to do so, whether it is a cyclist or an overloaded truck.

As I said, always someone else who needs to start first. That is why SA roads are what they are. I am also an owner of a car and also have to deal with the same problems. The road traffic act is clear that I can only pass when it is save to do so, whether it is a cyclist or an overloaded truck.

And when you do, the first thing the bloke in the car behind you wants to do is moer you.

Bateleur1, there is not a change that the movie clip was taking with a cellphone in hand, way to stable for that, but anyway.

Point is this. You can see how the drivers in both cars get frustrated with the situation, Their problem.....The BMW wanted to overtake, and then the single cyclist passed the other one without signalling, or looking, talking about how much longer it would take to wait for the cars to pass, before you pass the cyclist ahead of you. So he did something wrong....let's see if I can kill him and make is wife a widow and take away his children's memories because I want to be at work.....vroom vroom...

The stop street, what ever happened there, it doesn't look like that caused frustrations for anybody. Again...who cares....frustration in SA is a lifestyle.

But once they hit that little hill, not even looking behind then, or trying to get out of the way of the car, I think that is wrong. It's wrong. Let's kill them.

Sure, the car passed on a solid line and all, but Really? A but? my opinion is that it was because the guys was cycling next to each other. So THEY brake the law....I am allowed to break it too? And while I am at it, let us not waste ONE second further and see if I can kill them....because....you know...I want to go to work and stuff.....

It doesn't matter what we feel right and wrong is here, point is, we should do what we can so no fingers can get pointed to us. Problem with SA motorist are that they are pigs in general. Who cares who is wrong and right. Like I said before. I am VERY attentive to the road rules and cycle alone at 4am in the morning. And that ONE finger trying to point at me has an impatient and dangerous body attached to it. Saying the we have right of way and things like that just make things worse. We do not have the respect of drivers and we are not doing ourselves any favor, as this video shows. Agreed.

At this point in time I am not in it for a popularity contest win....I am in it to stay alive. So breaking the law in order to see me daughter smile again later today has become rule of thumb. Welcome in Africa.

Depends which sunnies you look through at the situation.......

Point is this. You can see how the drivers in both cars get frustrated with the situation, The BMW wanted to overtake, and then the single cyclist passed the other one without signalling, or looking, talking about how much longer it would take to wait for the cars to pass, before you pass the cyclist ahead of you.

They should not get frustrated. You pass when it save to do so. This is the reason why so many people die in head-on collisions. Vehicles being impatient and then pass when it is not safe to do so.

The stop street, what ever happened there, it doesn't look like that caused frustrations for anybody.

But once they hit that little hill, not even looking behind then, or trying to get out of the way of the car, I think that is wrong.

Sure, the car passed on a solid line and all, but my opinion is that it was because the guys was cycling next to each other.

It doesn't matter what we feel right and wrong is here, point is, we should do what we can so no fingers can get pointed to us. Saying the we have right of way and things like that just make things worse. We do not have the respect of drivers and we are not doing ourselves any favor, as this video shows.

Agreed. That I do every day, but still you have self proclaimed prefects of the road that want to tell me where I am allowed to cycle and not to cycle and they keep doing what they do well and that is drive like they want to and don't even know what is written in the road traffic act.

Depends which sunnies you look through at the situation.......

Ok Spinnekop, see you on the road. You probably the cyclist that ran the light this morning on my way to work.

both parties were in the wrong .......... only difference being that the only reckless behaviour was from the car filming.

Ok Spinnekop, see you on the road. You probably the cyclist that ran the light this morning on my way to work.

Do you comment on News24 stories?

in the morning.....riding single file (Alone), stopping at robots, stop streets, using signals, good lights. Doing my part.