Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

I am going to make myself a suffer fest or htfu playlist for the long uphill stretches. I still have to decide on the appropriate file name. Acdc's thunderstruck will feature, as well as bleed it out from linkin park. Any other suggestions? O ja, paint it black as well.

Try Die Stem and Generaal De la Rey. Heard a bloke with it last year and the guys went crazy. :w00t: :whistling:

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine cannot ride the Dr Evil & Karoo2Coast (family affairs) and so I have an entry for both left, including transport from Knysna to unionsdale on Saturday afternoon. Transfers are still possible at the event (I am riding both). Dr Evil R2850; Transport Knysna-Unionsdale R450; K2C R350+R80. Let me soon know if you are interested!

Cheers,

Niels.

HI

Posting this for my wife.  :ph34r:

Transport available for baggage from Uniondale to Knysna Sunday morning.

This will take place in a Chevrolet Ute with a tonneau cover fitted.

R50 a bag and space still available for about 10.

Pm myself and I'll put you in contact

Anyone staying in The Lofts Boutique Hotel in Knysna the Saturday night and has a lift for me Sunday morning?

Have a look at Strava:

http://www.strava.com/segments/2452376

Find someone in the leader board who did a time that you would like to match and then you can look at what splits they did.

Interesting that it only shows my 2012 time on this list and not 2013?

:-(

Did you do better in 2013 than in 2012 :whistling:  :devil:   

weird... That's strava for you.

Smimby - I used your 2013 ride (and a few others) to work out the time splits for a sub-4. Interestingly the time splits are very close to each other for everybody who rode about 4 hours, only small variations.

Basically you must do 20km in the 1st hour, 28km in the 2nd hour (which give you an average of 24km/h) and thereafter if your average speed hover close to 24km/h you are on track for a sub-4

See some cold fronts coming.Camping going to be fun!!

If the Norwegians are right, race conditions will be perfect

Archived