Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Polar RS800cx (set to 5s interval timing) measured 1720m whilst the Blackburn cycling comp measured about 1800m, so I reckon we did 1750m of climbing.

I tracked 2 599m of ascent on Strava and when I uploaded the file to Garmin Connect it indicated 2 369m of ascent and that was with elevation correction. I did get 97.0 kilometers though which seems pretty much on the numbers...

at registration there was a 29er ss with rigid fork.wonder how that felt but the bike looked awesome.had a red race number on it.

If you ride along the face of a mountain like in the K2C, the gps only has to be 1m off and it thinks you have dropped 100m down into the valley. And then climbed back up again. Of course it's going to be wrong.

If you ride along the face of a mountain like in the K2C, the gps only has to be 1m off and it thinks you have dropped 100m down into the valley. And then climbed back up again. Of course it's going to be wrong.

Both Garmin and Polar use Barometric data for measurements. Problem is when you click on the 'correct my ascent' option.

Lost control at 250km\h ,smacked into 2cars and 2 spectators.Part of rally from JHB to CT for high-end cars that were doing Jaguar hillclimb that was being advertised by the big billboard on top of Simola hill.

He hit 2 people at the top. Both of them lost both legs.

That is terrible. Hope the organiser of that event has his event insurance and speed limit waiver in place, otherwise he is going to face a legal battle of note.

just back at my computer now after some leave..

a Few guys went down hard in that crash at the start of A batch close to the end of the tar section, I was right behind it and I got it on my GoPro.. will try crop the video and post it.. man the guys were twitchy.. loads of brake grabbing in that bunch  :eek:

just back at my computer now after some leave..

a Few guys went down hard in that crash at the start of A batch close to the end of the tar section, I was right behind it and I got it on my GoPro.. will try crop the video and post it.. man the guys were twitchy.. loads of brake grabbing in that bunch  :eek:

Video edited yet?

Archived