[Event] MTN National MTB Series #3 Tulbagh Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

Does anyone know how this race is timed? Cannot find any information on it. I know SASeeding has something to do with race chips but can't find any details on their website either.

The permanent MTN SAS board you purchase has a timing chip on the back

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The permanent MTN SAS board you purchase has a timing chip on the back

really? Yikes never even noticed that, only noticed ladies sitting at finish line & taking numbers down as we crossed the line.

really? Yikes never even noticed that, only noticed ladies sitting at finish line & taking numbers down as we crossed the line.

They might have done it manually in the past, but they now have these "scanner tunnels" (if you want to call it that), that picks up the timing on you board, I saw this at Gravel Travel last year

Hey Guys!

Please tell your friends, cousins, sisters, aunties, bff's and everyone to come support this race.. If I don't make target this year I have to cann it for 2015... which means NO CAPE EVENTS :(

Week before epic is a great last workout checking everything is in good nic for the Epic... we have lots of big names who are taking part who are also doing the epic ;)

I have entered and I am going, but most of the guys I ride with and other friends simply are not interested because Tulbach is too far. Finish and klaar, they dont care if the route is amazing etc etc. All of them gave me the same answer, too far to drive for a day. I shall see you all there and looking forward to a serious afkak session.

I have entered and I am going, but most of the guys I ride with and other friends simply are not interested because Tulbach is too far. Finish and klaar, they dont care if the route is amazing etc etc. All of them gave me the same answer, too far to drive for a day. I shall see you all there and looking forward to a serious afkak session.

How the blazes is Tulbagh TOO far from Cape Town for a proper MTB event????????????????????

So just a quick one. I might have been bumped up from waiting list to doing the Epic. So who is also doing both and at what % effort are you doing this one? I have it all planned out but keen to see what others are doing!

As long as you make the cut-off for the Ultra :) will be 6hrs at +-70km...

manual

All our events are electronically timed. You will be allocated a Permanent number board with timing chip at registration if you don't already own one. more info: www.saseeding.co.za

Yes according to the UCI we have to have a manual back-up as well.

How the blazes is Tulbagh TOO far from Cape Town for a proper MTB event????????????????????

Like I said, I am riding. But its about 200 to 300km there and back depending where you stay in Cape Town. 13 Rand something for a litre of petrol, do the maths. Also time involved getting there, these days people have to plan time with wife and kids and work and family carefully. If they plan on cancelling the event, like WesselvdWalt mentioned in his earlier post, maybe he should first consider a venue closer to Cape Town. Edited by Johny Bravo

Like I said, I am riding. But its about 200 to 300km there and back depending where you stay in Cape Town. 13 Rand something for a litre of petrol, do the maths. Also time involved getting there, these days people have to plan time with wife and kids and work and family carefully. If they plan on cancelling the event, like WesselvdWalt mentioned in his earlier post, maybe he should first consider a venue closer to Cape Town.

Exzackery. Hout Bay, isn't any closer... Will decide in the week if my pocket can handle it.

Definitely worth the little effort getting there, top class event and a fantastic vibe.

Edited by BrandonF