Emperors Race

awesme

I'm in for the 40km, I am easy to recognise, at the end I am the exhausted guy bringing up the rear.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my second 100km event, first was Macsteel where i started in JL batch finished in a time of 3h15min, per racetec I will be starting in CL batch for emperors race (I think i might drop back to EL or FL as i have only been going to spinning classes twice a week for the last 2 weeks).

I'm racing the Mzansi Tour Criterium on the Saturday, so may bleed during the final KM's of the Emperors race with the VAs. All part of the fun I guess :)

I'm racing the Mzansi Tour Criterium on the Saturday, so may bleed during the final KM's of the Emperors race with the VAs. All part of the fun I guess :)

I'll see you in that VA bunch :thumbup:

This will be my second 100km event, first was Macsteel where i started in JL batch finished in a time of 3h15min, per racetec I will be starting in CL batch for emperors race (I think i might drop back to EL or FL as i have only been going to spinning classes twice a week for the last 2 weeks).

3:15 from JL is a very good effort. You probably rode most of the way on your own passing lots of other riders?

I'm sure you will be fine starting in CL for emperors. Just be prepared to be riding in a bunch, rather than on your own.

As Gary said, you should go with CL and just stick in the group for as long as possible.

3:15 from JL is a very good effort. You probably rode most of the way on your own passing lots of other riders?

I'm sure you will be fine starting in CL for emperors. Just be prepared to be riding in a bunch, rather than on your own.

Well I started with a group of 5 that stuck together till 10km mark when a young strong group from KL passed us, we tried to stay together but they were motoring it, I was then left on my own till I hit 62km where I caught a group from GL and sat with them for 20km and then went TT style for the last 20km.

I prefer cycling in a group as it helps me forget that my legs are not enjoying themselves. Case and point been the springbok freedom day challenge I battled with the wind all alone(TT style) and hated every moment of it 80km route(2h58min on the down hills max speed was 25km/h)

Hi Guys,

This is regarding number collection for the race, will my wife be able to pick up my number or should you be there in person to pick up your own number ?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

This is regarding number collection for the race, will my wife be able to pick up my number or should you be there in person to pick up your own number ?

Thanks.

Just give your wife your number... she can pick it up. If you're riding in the racing groups, remember to give her your licence

Just give your wife your number... she can pick it up. If you're riding in the racing groups, remember to give her your licence

Awesome thanks so much !

You will get your race info via sms .Racetec will give your time .Last race I made my own number .I don,t drive to a race venue twice on the same weekend anymore

It's BS!! Lucky I've got someone helping me out this week else it means 2 trips to Cyclelab from downtown Jozi to collect Cradle trophy & Emperors numbers on Wed & Thurs. Otherwise have chip & receipt...let's race!

I'm in for the 40km, I am easy to recognise, at the end I am the exhausted guy bringing up the rear.

Race ya. ;)

Is there any way anyone can assist with a late entry which does not entail a last group start. I am willing to consider corrupt relationship, in line with government policy.