Kitting a 'youngster' out for DH - cheapest options?

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its the freeriders who are more into neckbraces ....?

http://image1.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2013-10-14/1331615609459_2/0010/1/1000/666/2/mountain-bikers-celebrate-at-red-bull-rampage-2013.jpg

I really don't recommend lying in hospital wondering if you will ever walk again, never mind ride your bike, but hey, that's me.

But personal choice, but same can be said about a helmet ..?

Also Big B, please get ur laitjie to practice wearing his goggles when his hanging out, that is very important. See above pic for some examples how the coolest most fearless mountain bikers do it.

There is a big difference between RB Rampage and normal DH riding.

At rampage there are sections where a minor F-up will send you free-falling for 20m plus. A tuck and roll will not be sufficient in such a situation. So it is vastly different from a normal DH track.

Most of the DH pro's I have seen fall, weren't on a "big air" obstacles but more in fast and loose corners.

You seem to think that a neck brace is just as important as a helmet, why is it not a UCI rule then?

Full face helmet: Check!Visor: Check!Baggy Pants: Check!Baggy(-er) Shirt: Check!Knee Pads: Check!Elbow Guards: Check!Full Finger Gloves: Check!Here we go:

post-19137-0-60362300-1394693533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Loupie

I think I should walking around pre/post race with my FNB credit card on a lanyard around my neck

In my case my major sponsor at the moment is Discovery Health....

I'd like to send a shout out to them for supporting me during this difficult time while off the bike..... :thumbup:

eina!!!! http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/72674/s780_VitalGOut_20.jpg?1394639675

A Joey is a newbie mountain/downhill biker that keeps everyone on the track up due to his lack of skill and getting off at every obstacle.

Go check the vitalmtb link i post on top!!! Wonder what that person had in mind when build that track. hhhmmmmmm!!!!! LETS MAKE A LOT OF FLAT LANDINGS AND BRAKE SOME CHAINGIDES!!!! not cool!!!!

A few hours of fun at the 'gravity zone' at Thaba yesterday, smiling from ear to ear when we left! Met a chap busy doing some work on the course (Johan) that took him for a full run down, missed the double jumps and big drop offs but had no problems with the rock gardens and 'normal' drop offs. First just mucked around on the gap jump on the XCO course but that was easy ;)

He'll be back as soon as gets another chance :)

post-271-0-65599600-1395044334_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-20531200-1395044350_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-40812800-1395044372_thumb.jpg

Good Times Vid

LOL Yes i may be a joey hahahahahahahahaha

Loving the Gravity story

check the First DH bail

sooooooo who wants to coach me.

maybe some sponsors like

mulbarton hospital

netcare

discovery medical aid