My Citi Incident

Blackheart

They are a effing joke !!

Drivers out of a lucky packet !

And I reckon the planners must have tried hard to put every bus stop on a corner or at the narrowest section of the road so traffic cant get past when they don't actually pull into the bus stop but stop in middle of the road!

A fine example of how not to implement a great concept..

Why not raise this issue with the city? They are always mouthing off about the bus service, part of their plan to reduce the number of cars on the road as well etc.

So plenty of complaints --

Have any of you picked up the phone and contacted the powers that be?

Why not?

Capetonians moan like _________ but are apathetic!

Do something!

I heard they are performance monitored with GPS, including when they break the speed limit. Seems to conflict. My sources could be incorrect though.

Not saying my sources are correct either. Just something I heard

Not saying my sources are correct either. Just something I heard

I doubt if they are incentivised for the number of trips; I would imagine they have to keep to a strict timetable and are probably penalised/incentivised depending on their GPS monitored results.

Again no absolute sources just some trickle down information.

I do not see the issue with allowing buses on any route. have you seen where buses travel in Europe? The issue here is the general selfish attitude of the South African. I will do what I want when I want where I want.

there is no reason that everyone can coexist on that stretch of road, it just takes a dose of CDF and patience.

I noticed my MTB rear tyre was deflating on my ride yesterday. Didnt want to bomb it as a filling station was about 8 km away. This just meant that I had to do a 8km section of tarmac to get to the filling station.

Bloody hell, road riding has become roff. There is just no respect from vehicles.

I now remember why I stopped road riding.

I do not see the issue with allowing buses on any route. have you seen where buses travel in Europe? The issue here is the general selfish attitude of the South African. I will do what I want when I want where I want.

there is no reason that everyone can coexist on that stretch of road, it just takes a dose of CDF and patience.

....and properly trained bus drivers that don't speed it seems