Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first Enduro and I'm absolutely in love with the format.
Big thanks to everyone who's taken the initiative, and put in the work to get this off the ground in Gauteng - and congratulations on the first event being such a big success!

Keeping my eyes peeled for a date for the next one...

Thanks to Johan and his team for organizing a great event. It was worth the drive from Tzaneen.

We are planing to have an enduro in Tzaneen sometimes next year. The course is mostly built already.........feel free to come have a test ride!

Thanks to everyone for a great event! The courses were great and it looked like everyone had an awesome day! Got to change the name to Huck-o-hana! (or huck-o-rama!)

200mm of travel and my rim looks like this...(had to be SP2 :P )

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/RedLadder/DSC_7607.jpg

Awesome day on the bike, walking sucked balls, would have been world class if they shuttled to each of the run starts.

Anyone know where I can find results and times?

Would have been easier with shuttles, but hey, Enduro is also about endurance. It's not downhill.

And results would be great!

Awesome event! Brilliant turnout! Thanks to Johan, Mr & Mrs Robodog, Sidewinder, NoFearNoFun, Goose111, Murray_Lotus7, and anyone else I've missed out that helped with the trail building and organizing of this enduro.

Besides 2 flats on SP1 and an Aaron Gwin rim ride back to the car to swap bikes, it was an awesome day out!

Awesome day on the bike, walking sucked balls, would have been world class if they shuttled to each of the run starts.

Anyone know where I can find results and times?

Would have been easier with shuttles, but hey, Enduro is also about endurance. It's not downhill.

And results would be great!

Well... we were discussing this and maybe a "Premium Package" could be offered. Riders pay a little more, but this gives them access to shuttles for all stages. And maybe a Liquifruit and Romany Creams in stead of mixi-juice and Marie biscuits at the water points.

:ph34r: :lol:

Just kidding... whilst shuttling is awesome... this format makes me realize I need to up my fitness, without being penalized for my slow climbing.

Well... we were discussing this and maybe a "Premium Package" could be offered. Riders pay a little more, but this gives them access to shuttles for all stages. And maybe a Liquifruit and Romany Creams in stead of mixi-juice and Marie biscuits at the water points.

:ph34r:  :lol:

Just kidding... whilst shuttling is awesome... this format makes me realize I need to up my fitness, without being penalized for my slow climbing.

lol patch i fully agree but the format was not a true enduro type format either, enduro as far as i can tell states that you ride to each down run and your total time is what counts, this was a time recording for each run and if it took 5 min or 5 hours to get to the start of the next run didnt seam to matter( have not seen results yet so may be very wrong though), i would gladly pay double to make sure i didn't have to peddle or walk up those frikken hills, 

i loved every second of the day despite a complete sense of humor after walking up to start 3 :cursing: .

must be honest i was trashed after the runs and the free ice ice cold beer was the best reward ever!!

again well done Johan and the whole team, lets do it again next month!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :eek:

lol patch i fully agree but the format was not a true enduro type format either, enduro as far as i can tell states that you ride to each down run and your total time is what counts, this was a time recording for each run and if it took 5 min or 5 hours to get to the start of the next run didnt seam to matter( have not seen results yet so may be very wrong though), i would gladly pay double to make sure i didn't have to peddle or walk up those frikken hills, 

i loved every second of the day despite a complete sense of humor after walking up to start 3 :cursing: .

must be honest i was trashed after the runs and the free ice ice cold beer was the best reward ever!!

again well done Johan and the whole team, lets do it again next month!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :eek:

That's your total time for the down stages that determine ones results. The ups are not timed, but there is usually a "window period" set in which a rider has to report to the start of a stage.

From EMBA (the Enduro Mountain Bike Association)...

"5.5: Result

The General Classification (GC) will be calculated by adding all Special Stage times together for each rider."

And as for the shuttle to the water point, that was just that. A rider still had to hike up to the start of SP one, and all riders had this offered to them. I get that shuttling to the start of a stage is not #enduro, but again, the shuttle drop off was not the start.

Edited by patches