5 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:02:40

6 Mikel Nieve Ituralde (Spa) Team Sky 0:02:50

7 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha 0:02:51

8 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:02:56

9 Giampaolo Caruso (Ita) Team Katusha 0:02:58

10 Robert Kiserlovski (Cro) Trek Factory Racing 0:03:06

That final climb was a killer at 30%

1243332_10152408152904873_890672519_o.jpg

“I hit the steep part and it was lights out. I honestly thought about getting off and running. It was that steep..."

Ben King

“I hit the steep part and it was lights out. I honestly thought about getting off and running. It was that steep..."

Ben King

Now that would have been something to watch lol!

El Pistolero back kicking azzzz

post-12015-0-47064000-1395002432_thumb.jpg

That's great to hear!

Where have you been following the action?

That's a bit harsh Cellar.

Richie is doing okay imo, he finished with the second group today, he is 34 sec down now. The TTT is what puts Michal in the lead. Its a first class field there, in terms of climbers, sprinters, all-rounders

The back op for Chris was a rumour, what they said he just needs some rest.

Gerain Thomas was doing well in Paris-Nice until he had a big crash today, but made it home, although far back, 7 mins.

Maybe harsh, but it just seems weird with their total domination of every stage race leading up to the TdF for the past years, and their fighting talk, that they're non-existent so far this year (Green Mountain aside).

Apparently Contador was riding a 36 ring with 34 cassette up there and his speed dropped to 7kmh :eek: :eek:

I didn't see this race but watched Paris-Nice. I know its early season but some of the top teams seem very disorganised.

Smoke and mirrors, people.

Sky will be in top form come July.

Creating the illusion of weakness can be useful too.

Maybe harsh, but it just seems weird with their total domination of every stage race leading up to the TdF for the past years, and their fighting talk, that they're non-existent so far this year (Green Mountain aside).

Yes they seemed formidable then, but perhaps it has waned a bit (inevitable imo) since the great Team GB /Sky achievements of 2012 and 2013, remember last year at the World Road Race in Florence how it fell apart for them. Also at the recent Track Worlds in Mexico, Team GB returned with a below par medal tally, Its been said Sir Dave should either focus on Team GB or Sky, but it seems kinda blurred who is who.

But I don't think either of these two recent stage races were their focus, Richie and Chris are riding Tour of Catalunya later this month, and they do have a great depth of talent in their team, so lets see.

Edited by kosmonooit