27.5 or 29

CHRISTIAAN101

So this is it. I am currently on my Cotic Soul 26" but i have decided to move on

to bigger things.

The Cotic handles very very nice on the techncal single track (Jonkershoek).

My type of riding is weekend Jonkershoek and also longer 50km+ distance with

2-3 day stage races.

I am looking at replacing with hardtail or full suspension bike.

So the question is keeping in mind that I like having fun on the trails.

Do I go for 27.5" or 29" and which brand and model would suit me ?

My height = 1.78m

Any advice welcome

Thanks

I have a 29er GIANT Anthem x but had the pleasure of taking a S-WORKS Spez Carbon 26er up Meerendal a few weeks ago and I tell u it was awesome. Got back onto my 29er and it started feeling like big ship so I think (and this is only for me personally) that I would now opt for a 27.5 = best of both worlds ??

But like the guys say it really depsnds on YOU and YOUR style of riding. Have fun out there....

Oh I forgot to mension that both bikes were softails (I am 1.75m and I felt too big for the 9er and too small for the 26er - but now I'm just being biast)

GIANT works for me matey

Edited by Nick G

You same height as me iride 29er hard tail and DS but from your riding (jonkerhoek etc) i reckon a Trance 27.5 would be nice for you and suit you otherwise hop on a SPez Camber 29er and see what that feels like.

You same height as me iride 29er hard tail and DS but from your riding (jonkerhoek etc) i reckon a Trance 27.5 would be nice for you and suit you otherwise hop on a SPez Camber 29er and see what that feels like.

+1

That 27.5 Trance 2 is an evil machine, it makes me wanna spend money I don't have on a bike I don't "need" :blush:.

Edited by Brogue

Thanks guys

Yes I do believe testing is the best way to get the feel.

I do like the Camber. The other bikes that looks interesting:

Pyga oneten

Rocky mountain Instinct

Trek Fuel

Let the testing begin !!

i think there might be a specialized 'test the best' this weekend at jonkershoek? don't quote me tho

You are correct leona

+1

That 27.5 Trance 2 is an evil machine, it makes me wanna spend money I don't have on a bike I don't "need" :blush:.

You won't be sorry, I love it more then the 26" version I had. So much of goodness :devil:

It's the Friday thread! Haha. Get a road bike. Issue solved.

Edit: seriously though. Check the multitude of 27.5vs29 threads. All the info you'll ever (or never) need.

Edited by Maniax

So this is it. I am currently on my Cotic Soul 26" but i have decided to move on

to bigger things.

The Cotic handles very very nice on the techncal single track (Jonkershoek).

My type of riding is weekend Jonkershoek and also longer 50km+ distance with

2-3 day stage races.

I am looking at replacing with hardtail or full suspension bike.

So the question is keeping in mind that I like having fun on the trails.

Do I go for 27.5" or 29" and which brand and model would suit me ?

My height = 1.78m

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Or...... keep the Cotic as your sunday play bike and buy a 29'r as your xc/marathon/stage racing machine. This way you can start building on your bike collection.... the n+1 formula ring a bell....

I would love one of these puppies but nou ja dreams are good friends I guess....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Rr1xHBOo7Dg/Udss4bOYw7I/AAAAAAAAEZk/jVv04O7mvGI/s1600/photo+(18).JPG

i think there might be a specialized 'test the best' this weekend at jonkershoek? don't quote me tho

I think Sauser might be there as well if I'm not mistaken...