Cannondale Evo Options

Wez-O

Guys,

So it turns out that after a crash I will need to replace my Cannondale SuperSix frame.

Now being a big fan of the SuperSix, I am naturally leaning towards buying the new Cannondale Evo.

However, there do appear to be several frames available and I'm trying to figure out which would be not only the best bet, but also the best value for money.

From my understanding, the 2014 Evo comes with 3 carbon fiber options:

1. Nano Hi-Mod

2. Hi-Mod

3. Entry level

I presume the with the price, comes better 'carbon weaves' with lower counts meaning less weight and more stiffness. Is it really going to make a major difference though?

Otherwise, is there another bike someone can recommend? I've been rather impressed by the reports on the Giant TCR Advanced SL.

And go...

go Big or go Home :drool: .

even if you having to pay in a bit ,go for the evo black nano and the super gorgeous crank R40k at freewheel cyclogy - call Richard.

HI Mod is what you would want!! (unless you have the extra $$$)

Evo Nano- Ballistic carbon lightest production frame on the market.

High Mod- Ballistic High Mod carbon

Just different grades of carbon.

Guys,

So it turns out that after a crash I will need to replace my Cannondale SuperSix frame.

Now being a big fan of the SuperSix, I am naturally leaning towards buying the new Cannondale Evo.

However, there do appear to be several frames available and I'm trying to figure out which would be not only the best bet, but also the best value for money.

1. Nano Hi-Mod

2. Hi-Mod

3. Entry level

I presume the with the price, comes better 'carbon weaves' with lower counts meaning less weight and more stiffness. Is it really going to make a major difference though?

Otherwise, is there another bike someone can recommend? I've been rather impressed by the reports on the Giant TCR Advanced SL.

And go...

Lucky fella, wish I had those options. happy days

Guys,

1. Nano Hi-Mod

2. Hi-Mod

3. Entry level

And go...

My firewall blocked your message due to the bolded section of your message:

Plus, I put it down to the start of a long weekend moment of madness that you considered any other make than a Dale :)

Thanks guys... So its down to Hi-Mod vs a used Nano... Mainly because I don't want to upset Dale :)

Spinnekop, let's chat :thumbup:

how badly damaged is the old frame? you able to fix to get it repaired and use as a training bike.

Out of your options.. high mod

Thanks guys... So its down to Hi-Mod vs a used Nano... Mainly because I don't want to upset Dale :)

Spinnekop, let's chat :thumbup:

That used one in the market (spidey's friend's Evo) looks in good nick.

Keep it real, Wez'.

Keep us posted.

Thanks all (especially Spidey), I can announce that I'm now the proud owner of a Cannondale Black Nano...

Rode it yesterday for the first time, and WOW what a bike!