aQuelle Tour Durban Date change...

Impi Concept Events

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity about the forced change. Will unfortunately have to withdraw. Cost of chaging flights & accomodation not worth it.

I am sure several people are in the same boat. Glad I decided not to spend on flights etc. Maybe next year?

Terrible shame about the date change, still looking forward to this one. Should be a fast ride :3

This is poor form, and a slap in the face to people who arranged to fly down for the date on the advertised date.

This is poor form, and a slap in the face to people who arranged to fly down for the date on the advertised date.

Really!?

And allowing the race to go ahead and share the streets where thousands of marchers are running around, would be prudent?

Before you comment, perhaps you should first find out the reason for the change of date...

Before you comment, perhaps you should first find out the reason for the change of date...

According to the press release attached (I presume you read that) a scheduling conflict with a political march planned for the same day. Of course that raises numerous problems, but none that justify the postponement of an even that thousands of people have arranged to attend.

If you want to run a major national even you cannot change dates at the last minute.

No I agree its swak

Already booked and payed everything

why not host it on the sat? Atleast then if you organised to stay over the weekend your plans could have stayed the same

or even better why not keep it on sunday and improvise the route? **** happens, but you don't go and change dates that will make it impossible for non locals to enter your event.

And what makes it even worse is how they did the date change, atleast when the actionford changed its date they notified everyone who already entered. Can't say the same for these bloakes.

Good Day, i am the organizer of the aQuelle Tour Durban.

Thanks firstly for the understanding of the majority of riders regarding our date change. Please be assured that it was not a decision taken lightly, and a decision that we unfortunately had no other option to embrace due to the potential safety risk it posed to the riders should we wish to stage the event on the Sunday. "Domestique" and "Champion Hubber", i'd like to clear up your misconceptions from your posts.

We most certainly could not stage the event on the same day as the political rally. All roads around the stadium get closed for TDBN, and to try and manage that along with over 40 000 people arriving in buses to the same venue would be a risk to you the rider that i am personally not prepared to adopt. With regards to your comments about informing people who have already entered, i'd like to correct you in that each entrant was sent a personal email, and an sms informing them of the date change, and offering a full refund.

What i can assure everyone is the fact that the decision was one that considered all possible options, and the resultant date change to the Monday, while inconvenient to some, was the most convenient option available.

Thanks for your understanding, and should you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, stu@impiconceptevents.com

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... so In spite of the date change .... Who of Us are going ?

I'm In ! First time doing this one after Amashova kicked my @$$ Last year with 2 punctures :whistling:

I did the tour Durban last year... awesome event. I don't think that those of you who have elected to participate this year will be disappointed. It's a very scenic route, with a nice climb near the start to split up the group, and then flat and fast (if the wind plays along) to the Finnish line. I have other commitments this time around, else I would would've been there again this year. :thumbup:

Anyone have an idea of how many entrants there are and how many big or small bunches there are?

I believe that start climb is a #$$^%^

Okay... so In spite of the date change .... Who of Us are going ?

I'm In ! First time doing this one after Amashova kicked my @$$ Last year with 2 punctures :whistling:

+1