Berg and Bush - R6800 per team.

@Rabubi

My new years resolution was to enter at least one stage race this year. The Berg and Bush was an obvious choice, until I saw the entry fee. It's R6800 per team. Does anyone know why it is so expensive?

My new years resolution was to enter at least one stage race this year. The Berg and Bush was an obvious choice, until I saw the entry fee. It's R6800 per team. Does anyone know why it is so expensive?

It's about what it was last year. And I can say this.. worth every penny.

why is October still so far away... I wish I could ride that once a month.. it's awesome, last year this was my first stage event.. I wasn't as fit as I probably should've been.. but boy did I have fun, the whole setup is awesome. Such an awesome vibe and awesome trails. I pay the entry with a smile..

Epic R48 000.00

Sani2c R10 760.00

Jogerg2c R22 000.00 +/-

Ride the Rock R9600.00

3 Towers R6600.00

Knysna 200 R6300.00

So that price looks good for 3 days. just over 1000 per day per rider! Thats the going rate

also remember it includes all your accommodation and meals for the three days as well

And all those lekker yummy treats in between meals and those awesome water points.

And not to mention some of the best trails. That alone is worth it.

Huh!!!! :eek: You joking right!!!!!! R 3 400.00 per rider for 2 days of riding the best trails in the country fully supported incl accommodation, meals, bike wash, kick ass water points, helicopter and motorcycle support along the route as well as top notch medical facilities along the route.

Its a cheap holiday where you get to do what you love doing with other people who love what they do.

Edited by madmarc

If you feel short-changed by the entry fee, do the following until you feel better:

1. Trap harder and murder yourself between the water (hospitality) points.

2. Spend more time at the water points - relax and chat a bit. Enjoy all the goodies on offer - even biltong and ice cream (This will also force you to put the hammer down again).

3. Eat as much as you want before and after every stage.

4. Social till late at night with people that are there for only one purpose......to cycle (combined with chemical recreation of the fluid type, aka birre)

5. Opportunity to experience great scenery and maybe have an imbizo with a rhino.......(!!!!)

Hope this helps to soften the financial blow.

Edited by BarHugger

If you havent done it before then as everyone says its a nobrainer - R6800 for the 2 day is ok as the organisation is slick ...

Pity that the trails are being worn in by rider numbers to the point that they may as well be a highway ... but then again the 2 day is now being punted as the "new-to-stage-racing" event .. so i suppose that suits a large majority of riders which is great for the sport.

So if you havent done it ... DO IT ... if you have done it 7 times like i have ... think of giving someone else a chance (like im doing)