Schoolboy killed yesterday afternoon on his bike

CogitoErgoSum

There was a tragic accident late yesterday afternoon when a schoolboy, I understand he was the deputy headboy, from Pretoria North Highschool was killed whilst he was out training on Brits road. The road was still closed by the Gauteng traffic cops at 8pm when I wanted to get home.

My thoughts are with the family. Stay strong - it must be very difficult.

Edited by cjlieben

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear such bad news .Any details ?

No details. Only that it happened at around 5pm. Somehow the car caught him from side-on (ie he had to be crossing the road - the section there next to road is very rocky). For the road to be closed for so many hours, it had to be very bad.

Hi, yes I was at the scene not nice seeing a young lad that is at school with my daughter. I was phoned to come and try identify who he was,only able to do this once his father had arrived after noting that his son was not home yet from his training ride Gauteng traffic official hit him, he was flung from the left side of road to right hand side.accident scene was around 100m in length

RIP Rudi

Hi, yes I was at the scene not nice seeing a young lad that is at school with my daughter. I was phoned to come and try identify who he was,only able to do this once his father had arrived after noting that his son was not home yet from his training ride Gauteng traffic official hit him, he was flung from the left side of road to right hand side.accident scene was around 100m in length

RIP Rudi

Dankie Clive. Ek is net na 8nm by Plantland gestop en meegedeel die pad is gesluit. Hoor toe vanoggend hoekom.

Dis nie lekker nie. Ek hoop geregtigheid seevier. Die 'beampte' moes 'n enorme spoed gery het.

Ek is jammer

Rip young lad

Now please confirm a gauteng traffic official hit him? I think that is an indicator how serious this has now become

Rip young lad

Now please confirm a gauteng traffic official hit him? I think that is an indicator how serious this has now become

yes a gauteng provincial traffic officer' speed also very high in excess of 100km