Do you ride a 26er?

Guest dirkieuys

This proves very little but it was hard not to start wondering how much his large hoops had to do with this...

It proves he was waiting for you to catch up in the singletrack....

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="CarbonBoy" post="2748387" timestamp="1446819616"

Of course 26in bikes are so popular and are such superior machines that nobody makes them anymore!

Erm... Do your research a bit better before you make an arse out of yourself...

This is the story of the death of the 26in wheel.

The MTB industry realized they were facing a big problem so they decide to hold an indaba to discuss it and come up with a solution.

The opening statement at the indaba was “Listen everyone, we have a serious problem here, these 26in wheels are absolutely killing the sport and we need to stop this immediately. These wheels are so quick and nimble that riders are seeing their asses from shredding trails at break neck speed far beyond their talent, they are oversteering corners straight into trees and rocks and everything. It is just carnage out there. If we want to preserve this beautiful sport we need to stop this madness! We need to slow our bikes down and introduce nimblelessness to them, how do we achieve this?”

“Easy, we make bikes with bigger wheels. That will stop speed and nimbleness in its tracks!” was the reply.

Some wiseass pipes up “But what about trail and all mountain bikes? There will be some fall-out!”

The collective reply was “Screw trail and all mount riders, they the biggest speed and nimbleness culprits! We need to stop them as well”

“Okay, so ****it, we put bigger wheels on all our bikes, including trail and all mountain, we just can’t have renegade disciplines in our sport”.

So at the indaba it was unanimously decided by the major bike manufacturers that, in the interests of preserving the sport, they will stop making bikes with 26in wheels and thereby eliminate this madness of speed, fun and nimbleness!

This is the story of the death of the 26in wheel.

The MTB industry realized they were facing a big problem so they decide to hold an indaba to discuss it and come up with a solution.

The opening statement at the indaba was “Listen everyone, we have a serious problem here, these 26in wheels are absolutely killing the sport and we need to stop this immediately. These wheels are so quick and nimble that riders are seeing their asses from shredding trails at break neck speed far beyond their talent, they are oversteering corners straight into trees and rocks and everything. It is just carnage out there. If we want to preserve this beautiful sport we need to stop this madness! We need to slow our bikes down and introduce nimblelessness to them, how do we achieve this?”

“Easy, we make bikes with bigger wheels. That will stop speed and nimbleness in its tracks!” was the reply.

Some wiseass pipes up “But what about trail and all mountain bikes? There will be some fall-out!”

The collective reply was “Screw trail and all mount riders, they the biggest speed and nimbleness culprits! We need to stop them as well”

“Okay, so ****it, we put bigger wheels on all our bikes, including trail and all mountain, we just can’t have renegade disciplines in our sport”.

So at the indaba it was unanimously decided by the major bike manufacturers that, in the interests of preserving the sport, they will stop making bikes with 26in wheels and thereby eliminate this madness of speed, fun and nimbleness!

http://nsmb.com/transition-suppressor-26-inch-long-term-review/

I think what you have to read into it is that a 26'er is a fun bike format, if you ride on trails that are full of switchbacks, little pumps sections, quick direction changes and tight trails a 26'er might be the bike for you.

Then also let's not forget the obvious, you get great bikes and really K@K@ bikes in all the various wheel formats.

Erm... Do your research a bit better before you make an arse out of yourself...

Please indicate where I need to research this?

Of course 26in bikes are so popular and are such superior machines that nobody makes them anymore!

I wanted to post a facepalm pic, but its not worth it.

Archived