Gels

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gels...pah

half monster, half water.....praaaaaaaaaaaap :thumbup:

it also removes the previous night's hydration taste from the mouth

Whilst you may not fancy gels remember that liquid is absorbed much faster and will be available as energy. When eating solids while racing it may only be available as fuel after you finished.

Whilst you may not fancy gels remember that liquid is absorbed much faster and will be available as energy. When eating solids while racing it may only be available as fuel after you finished.

Sure but that is why we have monster and camel lights :whistling:

Hahaha, I walked into Dischem the other day and thought the same thing...

"Are you f*&king taking the piss?"

And walked out again.

Been using the same gel for the past 30 years, and it never failed me.

It has a refeshing banana taste and the wrapper is 100% earth friendly.

Quite cheap and the ingedient list has not changed at all. Will never have a WADA issue with this one, EVER.

Comes highly recommended, but suffers in the coolness factor for some reason. Perhaps they should get a better spin doctor to market this better.

exactly why I eat solid food, sustained energy for post race beers are of utmost importance

Been using the same gel for the past 30 years, and it never failed me.

It has a refeshing banana taste and the wrapper is 100% earth friendly.

Quite cheap and the ingedient list has not changed at all. Will never have a WADA issue with this one, EVER.

Comes highly recommended, but suffers in the coolness factor for some reason. Perhaps they should get a better spin doctor to market this better.

also impresses the ladies when stored in tights...

Ah, forgot that one!! Make sure to pack a half green one (or 2) The overripe ones tend to go "pap" too quickly...

Mind you, you can even suggest that they can suck on one if they need some energy... Perhaps they will pick the right one....

Ah, forgot that one!! Make sure to pack a half green one (or 2) The overripe ones tend to go "pap" too quickly...

ooh ja, nothing worse than a pap banana halway into a marathon..

I cramp every time i have gels(no matter how much water i drink with it) tested the theory a few times. I now ride with bananas and pvm energy bars

pvm bars...? seriously you need to do at least a 3 hour ride to give you enough time to chew down one of these. No idea how one would manage to eat a pvm bar in a race situation while breathing hard with a high heart rate. To me its bananas all year round, snackers in winter (because the chocolate melts in summer) and USN harvest bars in summer (the chocolate on these do not melt) for a bit of variation.

I Struggle to eat on any ride, cramped badly at Ride the Rock. The last month been trying to eat while training, that's why i've been trying gels and bananas. Bars aare just not going down... Unless I stop and eat, I struggle.

pvm bars...? seriously you need to do at least a 3 hour ride to give you enough time to chew down one of these. No idea how one would manage to eat a pvm bar in a race situation while breathing hard with a high heart rate. To me its bananas all year round, snackers in winter (because the chocolate melts in summer) and USN harvest bars in summer (the chocolate on these do not melt) for a bit of variation.

I buy the mini bars, and enjoy them, never had an issue chewing or swallowing them....Just don't get the chocolate coated ones, melts and makes a huge mess....

Archived