Mudguard (Marsh Guard?) Epic bikes

koukie

Exactly the same shape. Works well (when I ride, that is)

Would probably be better to make it out of a less rigid plastic, so it doesn't crack as easily. Like the plastic that those clear jerry cans are made of. Polyprop I think... Not too well versed on the properties of different plastics anymore.

2,5L Coke bottle is also a good piece of plastic one can use :blush:

http://cdn.clubafaceri.ro/clients/70/47136/28/coca-cola-6buc-x-25-l-2022351_big.jpg

Would probably be better to make it out of a less rigid plastic, so it doesn't crack as easily. Like the plastic that those clear jerry cans are made of. Polyprop I think... Not too well versed on the properties of different plastics anymore.

I used one of those clear plastic cutting "boards" (if I can call them that) to make one.

Useless fact:

Mucky Nutz was the creator of said guards, and they have a patent pending, the Marsh guard is a rip off of the same principle. Mucky was making noises about suing Marsh, but I have no idea where that went. Marsh guards became popular after Greg Minnaar rode one on his bike (Marsh is mechanic) at one of the DH world cup.

Now even Momsen is ripping them off with copies. The Momsen one is crap btw, I've broken two of them.

Make one yourself, protein shake bottles work lekker for the rw material. And if you take in enough of the contents you'll be strong enough to cut the plastic.

Useless fact:

Mucky Nutz was the creator of said guards, and they have a patent pending, the Marsh guard is a rip off of the same principle. Mucky was making noises about suing Marsh, but I have no idea where that went. Marsh guards became popular after Greg Minnaar rode one on his bike (Marsh is mechanic) at one of the DH world cup.

Now even Momsen is ripping them off with copies. The Momsen one is crap btw, I've broken two of them.

Make one yourself, protein shake bottles work lekker for the rw material. And if you take in enough of the contents you'll be strong enough to cut the plastic.

The Momsen ones look identical, AFAIK the Marsh guards are a different shape.

The Mucky Nutz ones don't have the bit in the front

ABS :thumbup: I've been thinking about cutting a whole lot on the CNC Machines at work, I can't see why I couldn't customise them as well.

The Momsen ones look identical, AFAIK the Marsh guards are a different shape.

The Mucky Nutz ones don't have the bit in the front

The momsen plastic is the weak bit. Not sure what it is made of, but we've thrown away two of them in our house.

I will only get one as soon as they make them Enduro specific. An Endurer can't just go out Enduroing without the appropriate parts on his bike.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what makes them Enduro specific?

I will only get one as soon as they make them Enduro specific. An Endurer can't just go out Enduroing without the appropriate parts on his bike.

How would an Enduro specific mudguard look like?

How would an Enduro specific mudguard look like?

It will be identical to any other mudguard, but with the very, very important phrase "Enduro Specific" printed on it.

(I am actually having a dig at the latest marketing buzzword Enduro. Stuff we have been using for years in trail and all-mountain riding is now advertised as Enduro products. Same with bikes, two years ago they were all-mountain bikes, now they are called Enduro bikes.

Pinkbike is having a 1 April dig at the Enduro buzzword as well:

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/exclusive-first-look-prototype-enduro-sash-2014.html

Read what is printed on the rim:

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/introducing-20switchinch-26-to-275-conversion-kit.html

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what makes them Enduro specific?

I was being sarcastic. Please refer to my post above.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, the importer and agent for MarshGuard in SA is "Pinned" www.pinned.co.za

They have lots of stock and ship around the country....