PMB World Cup DH #1

nigelhicks

Lol maybe, but that Spaz rider - Gwins buddy - loves his niner so much maybe he's arrogant enough to have left it behind...

I reckon Mitch Ropelato has had one of the more considered responses to date.

Your victory on the 29er last year at the Pro GRT in Fontana and seeding time in Pietermaritzburg, caused a major uproar on the web. What is your take on all the drama?

Did it ever! I was not expecting that. I like it though, it gets everyone fired up on the sport and gets them talking about it which I think is good; whether they're saying good things or bad things doesn't matter as long as they're talking about it. The more people we get talking about it, the more sport grows and that's what it's all about. At the end of the day though, wheel size doesn't matter. All I want to do is go have fun on my bicycle as I'm sure everyone else does too. I'm not having fun unless I'm going fast and the 29er allows me to go as fast as I want, so that's why I choose to ride it!

Is it a true DH course if you can ride it on a 29er?

Of course it is, you could ride a 29er down Val Di Sole or any of the tracks on the World Cup circuit if you wanted to. I'm not saying it would be the most enjoyable at some, but you could do it. That's why each race we have different setups on our bikes. Some races it's a couple of clicks or valving on the suspension, others it's shorter travel and bigger wheels. So it doesn't mean that it's not a true DH course; it just means you're running whichever setup you think is the fastest.

The full interview is here: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/29er-questions-mitch-ropelato-2014.html

Considering just how good his seeding time was last year, on a borrowed bike and on the stock xc rims, it was an awesome performance.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, just saw that too - the Nomad is at least more like a dh bike than an Enduro 29 and its got those fab enduro specific 650b wheels. Note the 180mm fork though - that's definitely not enduro spec :-)

Ya, just saw that too - the Nomad is at least more like a dh bike than an Enduro 29 and its got those fab enduro specific 650b wheels. Note the 180mm fork though - that's definitely not enduro spec :-)

lets be realistic though..650b and 26" ..there's not much difference

At the end of the day it is up to the rider, It's not like he just throws a leg over and ends up at the bottom first because he has bigger wheels....

At the end of the day it is up to the rider, It's not like he just throws a leg over and ends up at the bottom first because he has bigger wheels....

WHAT!!!!

Here I thought I get a 29er and I'll be challenging Nino and co...

WHAT!!!!

Here I thought I get a 29er and I'll be challenging Nino and co...

Now couple that with a bit of training and a lot of natural talent and you'll get there sunshine :thumbup:

lets be realistic though..650b and 26" ..there's not much difference

Good heavens! you can't just go around saying that! All those people that just dropped big money on 650B's will tar and feather you!

hahahaha!

Guest Omega Man

Good heavens! you can't just go around saying that! All those people that just dropped big money on 650B's will tar and feather you!

hahahaha!

If Ratboy wins on the Nomad I'm totally buying one.

Guest Omega Man

So would I if they didn't cost R100k without carbon wheels...

Ok maybe not then.

You don't need to buy the actual bike.... Just get your mate to cut you a set of SC decals after you hit your frame with Satin Black rattle can. Then you go borrow your brother's Tippex and lay down the ENVE decals on the wheels and tada!

Just like half of Chats or Lenz.... M3 badge and mirrors 320i, a set of mags and a chrome tip twin tailpipe and your car would do the quarter in 9s!! Who needs an M3?

100k Nomad... Pffft!

i wonder why the rat goes for green grips....must be a story behind that...unless he just grabbed the first set off the shelf

So would I if they didn't cost R100k without carbon wheels...

I though the exact same thing.....And even if ratboy does not win!!!! :clap: