6 bikes stolen, Belgravia, Cape Town

popcorn_skollie

Hopefully one of these thefts leads to a syndicate being bust and they find all of our bikes stashed somewhere.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those bikes are very unique go to all lbs in the area crown, olympic etc and leave pics of the bike tell them to contact you incase some guys try and sell them there,I live a few roads away from you that's why my bike in my house no where else need it close to me when I sleep :-) sorry for your loss though

Def a syndicate, Capetown/Stellies is getting cleaned out bike wise last few months

No doubt

Highly organised

Seriously high incidence

Thanks guys. This must be a syndicate coz they never touched anything else and my garage is full of tools. Malan, I hope so too buddy. I heard they got a truck full of stolen goods in lainsberg, let's cross our fingers

A friend saw my wheeler bike in adderly str town, but couldn't catch up to they rider in traffic. I think the guy bought the bike unknowingly as he was cruising home from work with his buddy

My bikes now stay in the house placed either side of the dogs sleeping spot. Cant chance leaving them in the garage anymore.

Mine's creeping it's way into the bedroom lol

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad to hear.

My mates GIANT REVEL 29er(black) was stolen off his bike rack at the bike shop(northern subs) on the 5th of this month. He was busy buying a new one and on going to the parking lot to collect the old one to use as a trade in discovered that it had been stolen. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about this, but check up with your household insurance. In some cases if the bikes are locked up in the garage they are covered under the household contents section. Not sure if this is the norm but all insurance companies i've been with in the last 3 years had this.

• 4 weeks later...

So the very same house got broken into last night. This time they actually got into the house and took the only bike he had left. A 2008 Teocali.

http://i.imgur.com/6yHkm9t.jpg

The only distinguishable feature I can think of is a diy chainstay device made from a reflector and and rubber hose. If anyone sees this bike, please contact me.

sounds targeted..

dont think insurance covers bikes in a garage/outhouse, and would need itemised insurance for that. Exact reason mine goes inside next to my other important hardware.

leaving a bike on a bike rack is just silly

So the very same house got broken into last night. This time they actually got into the house and took the only bike he had left. A 2008 Teocali.

http://i.imgur.com/6yHkm9t.jpg

The only distinguishable feature I can think of is a diy chainstay device made from a reflector and and rubber hose. If anyone sees this bike, please contact me.

Bike has an upgrade since this photo was taken i think, it now has a Suntour Durolux front fork.

Oh, the bike was in a room... in the house.... like a bedroom... when it was stolen.

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Thanks for posting my stolen bike guys. Ya my baby was stolen along with tablet pc, cash etc etc. Please let me know if anyone has a lead perhaps. I will even offer a reward.

Nasty bike thieves.

Probably get stripped and used for spares in another country.

Sorry to hear cos I'd wanna kill someone if one of my babies went missing ;-)