Majik Forest Bellville / Tyger Valley Mountain Bike Club

Super Sywurm

Behind Majik Forest in Bellville, there is some routes that goes up a hill. I've previously been riding there (one time) until I saw the signs of I think the Tyger Valley Mountain Bike Club. I then made a u-turn and head back home, because I am not a member of that club and I know how strongly some people feel about people riding where they are not a member and not supposed to be riding..

My question, I am from Kimberley and in Bellville over Easter weekend, may I ride to the top of the hill, or will I get yelled at and be put in jail?

Edited by Super Sywurm

You can ride to the top of the hill. Just don't go through the gates into the vineyards!

This will give you an idea where you are allowed (Green).

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/media/wysiwyg/new%202014/majik.jpg

Edited by vdLRSA

You can ride to the top of the hill. Just don't go through the gates into the vineyards!

This will give you an idea where you are allowed (Green).

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/media/wysiwyg/new%202014/majik.jpg

If I am not mistaken, the solid green route is part of the vineyards!? Is the green the way to go then?

The land owner on occassion does police the trails and the route to the top of the hill involves a very illegal fence hop. That said, riding on trails illegally just isn't the right thing to do so please can we help you ride them legally.

Contermanskloof trail and Hooggekraal are both some of the best riding in the northern suburbs and for only R30 you can get a day permit. Meerendal also offers day permit but this trail does tend to be busier and isn't technical. pm me if you're keen on being shown the way :thumbup:

If I am not mistaken, the solid green route is part of the vineyards!? Is the green the way to go then?

The green route doesn't go through the vineyards so you're absolutely fine there.

Anywhere inside the fenced off area at Majik is free for all. The only no go is the part that goes down to Bloemendal.

If it is members only zone, there will be a sign that clearly indicates it. The rest of Majik is free to ride by whoever wants to.

There are some awesome trails out there for which you can buy a day permit. Hoogekraal, Contermans and Meerendal. Have a look at the clubs website, and feel free to make use of the trails that allows permits. It it the best rides out there.

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/

The green route doesn't go through the vineyards so you're absolutely fine there.

I only want to ride to the top of the hill, I love climbing. So, I'll go the 'green route' way then!!! :thumbup:

Anywhere inside the fenced off area at Majik is free for all. The only no go is the part that goes down to Bloemendal.

If it is members only zone, there will be a sign that clearly indicates it. The rest of Majik is free to ride by whoever wants to.

There are some awesome trails out there for which you can buy a day permit. Hoogekraal, Contermans and Meerendal. Have a look at the clubs website, and feel free to make use of the trails that allows permits. It it the best rides out there.

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/

And where do I get a day permit?

I only want to ride to the top of the hill, I love climbing. So, I'll go the 'green route' way then!!! :thumbup:

There's an even higher hill at Contermans, Rapunzel can confirm, she know these trails as if she built them

Majic is the easiest of all if you talk about climbing.

Meerendal you get "die uwe Dorsberg" with a great view from the top

with restaurant and wine tasting at the bottom to enjoy

Majic is the easiest of all if you talk about climbing.

Meerendal you get "die uwe Dorsberg" with a great view from the top

with restaurant and wine tasting at the bottom to enjoy

Where I'm from, we don't get hills, think I'll take the easiest one.