Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!

It's snowing on the Stelvio we hear as the maglia rosa group continue to lose riders. Those off the back will need to chase on the descent because the time limit could be a real issue today.

do you think they'll be more gracious with the time limits today with such bad weather?

If Movistar is pushing then NQ must be good. Watch him take 45s in the last 2km of the day. These guys are TITANS. I wont bitch in the starting pen on Sat about being cold.

Wat gaan hier aan?

is dit die Colombian national road race?

eish ek weet nie.

maybe a bit too much too early?

do you think they'll be more gracious with the time limits today with such bad weather?

Doubt it but the guys will make sure the grupetto is big enough so that they wont be eliminated.

Doubt it but the guys will make sure the grupetto is big enough so that they wont be eliminated.

that's truth, safety in numbers

Arrendondo takes second on the climb, with Pantano third. Next ahead is a very dangerous descent with wet roads and the threat of ice and snow.

No risks for Chalapud as he makes sure he's got enough clothing on. The two riders behind him are doing the same but there's no sign of the peloton cresting the top of the climb yet.

i wonder if they changed to cyclecross bikes as well, with some wider tires and better brakes

The rain is coming down even more and there's more snow on the Stelvio although it's clear at the top of the climb. The riders have 100km to go.