Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The descent with be neutralized, no racing due to safety concerns.

how do you do that? everyone stop at the bottom and let them go with the same gap as they had at the top?

1. 15:22:30 CEST

2. Could this be a really smart and opportunist move from the Team Sky rider?

15:21:46 CEST

Brutal conditions but how will the organisers handle Cataldo's attack? He doesnt want to sit up and wait.

15:21:08 CEST

According to race radio riders will stay on their bikes but will be lead down the descent. Roche sets the pace but up ahead Cataldo has attacked from the break and now the snow begins to fall.

15:20:17 CEST

The gap to the break is down to just ten seconds.

Stelvio descent neutralised due to snow. But Cataldo has every reason to carry on as the Cima Coppi prize awaits at the top of the climb

The Cima Coppi is taken by Cataldo this year. That's 40 points in the KOM too. He takes a bottle at the top and now he's onto the descent.

how do you do that? everyone stop at the bottom and let them go with the same gap as they had at the top?

I have no idea how they will enforce that. Honesty system? :whistling:

Whatever the time gap is at the top will either be used at the restart at the bottom or used when calculating times at finish. Similar to Milan-San Remo last year.

Stage 16. Leader: Cataldo -> Chalapud +0:18 -> Dupont +0:38 -> Pantano +1:03 -> Peloton +1:10.

Yebo

You've got it