Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

What a stage that was (only watched late last night)

Quintana climbed like a goat, but Ryder did very well imo to stick with the little columbian.

You gotta feel for Cuddles as stated before.

The good news for me is...with Quintana giving it horns in the Giro he'll run out of gas during the tour which will benefit my man Berto!

I reckon NQ will be rested and then get going again for the Vuelta - a rare double.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The riders themselves normally agree to neutralize but in the absence of a patron like Hinualt I can't see them agreeing.

There was nothing on Race Radio.

A man with a flag on a bike means danger ahead not stop racing.

The OPQS DS should stop following the race on Twitter.

There was an erroneous tweet from the official Giro account. (see screenshot)

If someone attacks you go with them!! Racing 101

post-32242-0-71817900-1401258980_thumb.png

I reckon NQ will be rested and then get going again for the Vuelta - a rare double.

Thats even better (if he's absent)

I wonder what other big GC names will target the Vuelta?

Well then, I'm just going to stop with my GC predictions. Damn what a performance from Quintana and Ryder. Such a great pity that Ryder lost bags of time with the team crash in the TTT as he is looking on great form.

giro d'italia, stage 16: statement

The BMC Racing Team has issued a statement in response to several incidents which occurred on Tuesday during Stage 16 of the Giro d'Italia.

Tuesday's stage of the Giro d'Italia was a complete ...

All but two teams respected this official communication. The UCI and the race organization have a responsibility to see that the rules are respected. In addition to disrespecting...

Respectfully,

Jim Ochowicz

President/General Manager, BMC Racing Team

Hmmmm

No word yet from ASO or UCI

Let's see where this goes

RCS are pretty shabby for the way they handled the whole thing. Their twitter said it was neutralised, the radio broadcast pretty much said it with out saying the actual word and then they got all italian and 'who? what? Us? noh, we didn't say it, it wasn't on the official radio. No word'.

Don't think it would have made that much difference any way. As Quintana said, he had 1 min at the bottom of the Stelvio descent and 4 minutes at the finish line. Most was made going up. +/- 1 minute, who knows. It is what it is, get back on the bike.

Thats even better (if he's absent)

I wonder what other big GC names will target the Vuelta?

Racers like Majka, Aru!, Kelderman are all busting onto the scene.

I'm sure they'll continue their GC apprenticeship there.

RCS are pretty shabby for the way they handled the whole thing. Their twitter said it was neutralised, the radio broadcast pretty much said it with out saying the actual word and then they got all italian and 'who? what? Us? noh, we didn't say it, it wasn't on the official radio. No word'.

Don't think it would have made that much difference any way. As Quintana said, he had 1 min at the bottom of the Stelvio descent and 4 minutes at the finish line. Most was made going up. +/- 1 minute, who knows. It is what it is, get back on the bike.

It's a mess.

Unclear notifications, red flag, tweeting, rain, sleet, snow, freezing point temps, riders unrecognizable in rain jackets... En so voorts.

Yes, let's get back to racing.

"While the word 'neutralisation' was not said, the race radio announcer said motorbikes would fly a red flag 'to avoid that there are attack on the descent, to ensure that the riders hold their position and avoid taking huge risks. They should hold that position until the official lower the red flags."

Funnily enough though it was Europe Car and Rolland who forced the pace and punted down the descent. Remember Tackgate and TdF anyone? He's willing to take an opportunity for sure.

It's a mess.

Unclear notifications, red flag, tweeting, rain, sleet, snow, freezing point temps, riders unrecognizable in rain jackets... En so voorts.

Yes, let's get back to racing.

Agreed and agreed!

I agree it was a mess although there was an apology and the tweet was deleted not long after the riders crested Stelvio.

Lesson learnt - watch your rivals and go with them.

I thought it was apparent from the way that Cataldo descended that there was no neutralization.

Lotto DS made it clear to Belgian TV that there was no neutralization on the Stelvio during the race.

Today - 208km through the Alps but without a mountain pass and hopefully with out a polemic post-race debate too. Today might not be for the sprinters as we’ve seen teams reluctant to work and the Ca’ del Poggio wall sits 20km from the finish.

Today’s stage passes through the Veneto region so a look at the Italian cycle industry because no other region in the world has such a concentration of famous cycling brands, from Sidi to Pinarello. Even Oakley is owned by a company founded here.

http://inrng.com/medias/giro/stage17profile2014.jpg