Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

giro d'italia, stage 16: statement

All but two teams respected this official communication. The UCI and the race organization have a

First was, Team Sky, then the rest continued racing Columbia, Europcar, Garmin, Movi-Star, even Lotto - Belisol said they didn't receive any communication.

by my count that's more than TWO teams, but then again i think you(BMC) did a similar thing in stage 6. Shut up and race damit

Edited by ScottC-M

Which teams are complaining?

BMC

Tinkoff

OPQS

They're not getting much sympathy out there especially OPQS. Wheel turns, karma etc etc

Mauro Vegni (Giro chief) tells Gazetta red flag was shown to riders on 6-7 Stelvio hairpins 'to signal danger' & not neutralisation.

Vegni: 'The message was relayed on race radio. A few teams probably misunderstood...No one ever mentioned neutralisation.'

Vegni says that he gave order to raise red flag 'only to signal danger'. 'Race radio misunderstood what I'd said.'

So, basically, it's all as clear as mud.

Suggestions in Gazzetta that some teams will protest today.

Astana DS Martinelli: 'Let's see who starts today'.

We've all lost the Giro.'

EDIT: Martinelli: 'It's the umpteenth Italian balls-up.'

Expect lots of arm-waving and jabbing fingers when he sees Vegni this morning.

Edited by jcza

I reckon NQ will be rested and then get going again for the Vuelta - a rare double.

I am sure I read somewhere that he wont be doing Le Tour

Which teams are complaining?

BMC

Tinkoff

OPQS

They're not getting much sympathy out there especially OPQS. Wheel turns, karma etc etc

And BMC. Not after stage 6.

So two very controversial stages this year. It's the Italian way :)

Thing is, if it was neutralized then why didn't the marshals car in front of Cataldo stop him when he was going so fast.

I think they just all sore losers

Edited by ScottC-M

All this is taking away from Quintana's incredible performance.

wouldn't be surprised to see NQ blasting away up the next mountains just to shut everyone up.

"While the word 'neutralisation' was not said, the race radio announcer said motorbikes would fly a red flag 'to avoid that there are attack on the descent, to ensure that the riders hold their position and avoid taking huge risks. They should hold that position until the official lower the red flags."

Funnily enough though it was Europe Car and Rolland who forced the pace and punted down the descent. Remember Tackgate and TdF anyone? He's willing to take an opportunity for sure.

That Crazy Frenchman, always ready.

He wants a podium spot.

wouldn't be surprised to see NQ blasting away up the next mountains just to shut everyone up.

I reckon he'll do what would've done anyway

Take the maglia rosa by another few minutes lead and obliterate all doubt.

He is from another planet.

BRING ON THE ZONCOLAN :clap:

Saturday

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/Giroditalia/2014/images/tappa/tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_20.jpg

All this is taking away from Quintana's incredible performance.

his performance wasn't 'incredible' - Ryder's was....... :whistling: Twice the size and just as fast.....hhmmmmmmm.

his performance wasn't 'incredible' - Ryder's was....... :whistling: Twice the size and just as fast.....hhmmmmmmm.

take nothing away from Ryder. He gave it his all.. and then some

to me the way Quintana went up that climb was Incredible.

take nothing away from Ryder. He gave it his all.. and then some

to me the way Quintana went up that climb was Incredible.

Ryder's background in MTB shows he's no slouch in the mountains. He was gritting his teeth to hang on to Quintana!