Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

Despite the conditions the crowds have turned out today to cheer on the riders. The peloton pass through another small village with the break at 5'26.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

84km to go and the rain is pouring down now . Orica knock the pace off a little on a short descent, a sign that no one wants to take any risks at the moment. They'll also be waiting for their teammate at the back of the bunch.

Looks like a fall in the bunch as they head over the climb. Thurau is on the side of the road and trying to sort out his bike. An Androni rider was also involved but they're all up and riding again.

Up ahead and Armee takes a long pull on the front of the break. Lotto had a poor ride yesterday and were down to five riders quickly. They'll be looking for stage wins in the race and Monfort will be in the hunt for a top ten place on GC.

Very impressive public support as the Irish are coming out in thousands.

Awesome!

OGE controlling the chase

Tuft looked as pink as possible with his colour coded kit

Right on the coastline now and the bunch have Orica and Giant Shimano on the front. Still not much wind but the rain continues to come down.

It's undulating terrain though as the break press on, holding their gap at 4'37.

Very impressive public support as the Irish are coming out in thousands.

Awesome!

The crowds are three-four deep in places, a fantastic turn out given the poor conditions. The four leaders, still working well, have 4'30 over the peloton with 62km to go. The bunch are strung out but the pace is steady rather than fast at the moment.

Petacchi is riding in the wind, further confirmation that he's not going to mix it in the sprint today.

3'46 now with 52km to go . Riders have to be careful as they drop back to the cars because the pace is increasing and the roads are still wet

A number off riders are dropping back to the cars and taking off clothing. We're approaching the last hour or so of racing.

OGE controlling the chase

Tuft looked as pink as possible with his colour coded kit

How do they decide which rider wears the pink yersey after TTT win?

How do they decide which rider wears the pink yersey after TTT win?

He who crosses the line first as determined by the team