Work on Vasbyt

marko35s

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first person to post a pic of themselves getting a little styley on that jump gets a 6 pack of Windhoek. Courtesy of me.

Aaaand GO!

Do you want to deliver that 6 pack today or tomorrow?

post-35907-0-55059600-1399458327_thumb.jpg

post-35907-0-35090400-1399458421_thumb.jpg

post-35907-0-65495900-1399458462_thumb.jpg

Edited by capediver

Great photoshop skills :thumbup: You did however forget the sideways kick :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

That'll work. Congrats booi. I'll rather buy you 2 Mutzigs in the F Place.

I have to say, this piece is now perfectly shaped and flows sooooo nicely. I can't jump for @#$ and still managed to get a huge (for me) amount of hangtime off it this morning. The landing is practically impossible to stuff up, so it's a perfect jump to learn how to go big on...

The repairs and shaping there are spot on Saw the dh3 repairs That laterite the guys put down is taking strain Looking at BNs work it seems to me dh3 needed a lot more compacting...

It does. There has been north of 30t of clay put down in the last 3 months of 2013 on DH3 alone. JUST to raise teh level a bit and reinforce certain sections. The level has dropped stupendous amounts over the past 10 - 20 years (how long the trails have been there) and the repair job was only just starting to take shape.

If you factor that in, Bennet etc have a massive job ahead of them.

Tokai today was nice, just one question though. Is there any way a sign can go up for riders who opt to climb the Lower Vasbyt? Just something that says to the ascending guys "freakn beware of descending okes and give way".

I slowed down approaching a blind corner after the broken tiny bridge, but the ascending rider still managed to jump me. wasnt too hectic but still pretty aina!.

I'll think twice now when launching full speed from the new Jump/ramp... Never know who might be on the other side.

Tokai today was nice, just one question though. Is there any way a sign can go up for riders who opt to climb the Lower Vasbyt? Just something that says to the ascending guys "freakn beware of descending okes and give way".

I slowed down approaching a blind corner after the broken tiny bridge, but the ascending rider still managed to jump me. wasnt too hectic but still pretty aina!.

I'll think twice now when launching full speed from the new Jump/ramp... Never know who might be on the other side.

LOL. I go up there fully prepared to bail into the bushes. Ran in to Mark Moir and his laaitie bombing down there on Sunday. Threw myself into the bushes JUST between the right hander and the rock drop. So yeah - we both need to beware, given that it's a dual direction trail. Recognise where the contact points may be, and take cognisance of the fact that you will most probably have to slow down for someone.

I know there ARE plans for a divert there for the ascending riders, but that will, like all things, take time.

LOL. I go up there fully prepared to bail into the bushes. Ran in to Mark Moir and his laaitie bombing down there on Sunday. Threw myself into the bushes JUST between the right hander and the rock drop. So yeah - we both need to beware, given that it's a dual direction trail. Recognise where the contact points may be, and take cognisance of the fact that you will most probably have to slow down for someone.

I know there ARE plans for a divert there for the ascending riders, but that will, like all things, take time.

I hear you 100%, i do the same when ascending, not everyone does though.... Thats my concern. I probably slowed down to like 5 km/hr, and yet the ascending rider tries to force past the descending rider.... :nuke:

Just thought i'd share since the work Bennet has done enables a lot more flow and speed to be carried through the section... Imagine if the entire trail gets soop'd up like the entry already has.

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Riding up I'm always ready to stop (any excuse will do :lol: ) and try not to ruin anyones ride down. There are a few choke points that people need to be awake for, mainly on the bottom half, but if you are aware and scan far enough ahead you should be okay.

My honest opinion is that riding up Vasbyt is just plain silly. It really shouldn't be a bi-directional trail, it's just too narrow for that. This is logically why I never ascend it and always use the jeeptrack, as boring as that may be. Fairy Garden is I reckon as narrow, visibility-limited and fast (it's not) as a bi-directional trail can go...