TokaiMTB website

Dan Dob

Hi all,

The Tokai mtb website (http://tokaimtb.co.za/ )is up and running and we'd love for you all to check it out. It's been up for a few months now actually but this is the formal announcement ;)

As with all websites, it's a work in progress and we know that it needs a bit more work which the TokaiMTB committee is sorting out whenever we can.

The main aim of it is to educate people as to the history of Tokai and the proposed future of it's trails and all that it entails. We've got some maps (which still need work and updating), opening times and directions as well emergency numbers for those horrible accidents.

We've also added donation functionality (and will accept credit card payments in the future) so that riders can donate towards funds for trail building, as your Tokai trail entry fees do no go towards the trails (which is also mentioned on the website)

The volunteer trail building dates will be updated on it as well as a bit of information about those days.

Obviously, we've added a few contact email addresses so that those with complaints and suggestions can write to the committee and we can take it from there and put pressure on TMNP with written proof from the public.

Please check it out and we'll be printing some flyers soon to hand out to the riding public in the parking lot.

We'd like as many people to know about the website and the committee so that riders know where there money is going and what the committee is trying to achieve which, in short, is better trails & more trails for Tokai.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great - as per my thread re skills issues at Tokai - how about a short skills section on the site. I would like to see people being encouraged to learn and research in order to improve their skills.

Marko35s, the map shows colours for the grading of trail but the key on the bottom right tells the direction of each trail. I think the map can be improved with directional markers...

Marko35s, the map shows colours for the grading of trail but the key on the bottom right tells the direction of each trail. I think the map can be improved with directional markers...

Must say the website is looking nice and shiny these days and I don't know how I could have missed the grading colours...

BTW is the website down right now? I am getting an error (500 internal server error) when I try to access it.

it's up(mostly), and has been really needed for a long time in my mind so happy to see it. I find the white text hard to read against alternating photo backgrounds(does look cool though.)

nice to have the nightriding rules up in print finally (currently page not viewing)

I also got 500 internal error yesterday.

Site looking great though! Well done to all involved.

nice setup, but what about all the other nicely manicured trails that one sees on strava and lots of people ride but is not indicated on this map?

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Trails indicated on map are the legal trails-there aren't any others ;)

Will look into the internal error-not sure what that's about!

Edited by iRide

From what I have heard those trails are the crem de la crem of tokai. Well hidden and well maintained with super nice flow. It exits on the bend next to the big tree by fairy garden.

Did I read ................S H U T T E L S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So if they are being maintained then surely the are there to be ridden.
Riding them just makes it more difficult for the commitee when they have to negotiate with parks for new trails.