King Price Rave

Pants Boy

Just a heads up on King Price insurance - for every vehicle you have comprehensively insured with them, you can comprehensively insure a bike of up to R50 000 value for R1 per month. This includes certain parts breaking in a crash, like frame, fork etc. Excess is R500 or 10% of claim ... damn good if you ask me :)

Just a heads up on King Price insurance - for every vehicle you have comprehensively insured with them, you can comprehensively insure a bike of up to R50 000 value for R1 per month. This includes certain parts breaking in a crash, like frame, fork etc. Excess is R500 or 10% of claim ... damn good if you ask me :)

Not too bad, the car insurance is almost what I am paying now, I'm waiting on them to call me now. Thanks for the heads up.

Household is R800 min and 5%, max I'm not sure of but it's around R5K iirc. Car excess also 5%, R250 for glass etc.

Dude. READ!!!

LOL I went and double checked.

On my VW Bus I have a flat R3500 excess. Windscreen R750 other glass R150

Home contents - 5% of claim, minimum R1 500, maximum R4,500. I KNOW the min was R800 previously, but i guess that changed after my last claim (paid out in 24 hours)

And the excess on bike (as specified portable) is R500 max 5%

Thanks for the heads up , I shall give them a call as my premium just went up and i think its time i shop around.

You can't really Rave them until you have put in a claim.

I've put in two claims. One was a schlep 'cause it was jewelry, and we needed to find proof of ownership (photographs were fine) but was paid out in full after about two weeks.

The other was paid in full within 24 hours - electronics damaged by lightning.

This all sounds good... HOWEVER, the the real telling point comes in when you try claim for damage / a new bike.

In my opinion brands like M&F, Hollard, CIB, ect will always be better than telephone insurance companies.

I built my own bike, so do not have proof of purchase. I suppose i will be stuffed if i try to put in a claim.

Changed my car to them the other day and saved a lot, will maybe move my bikes from miway to them too.