sluiper

I have entered 70.3. Have some unfinished business at this race.

Don't think I will have finances for PE. Also I have come to realise that my holiday is not really a holiday when doing IM every year. I am more tired coming back to work. Hopefully the 70.3 will in general be more relaxing....

You can take the time to greet me as you wizz by on the bike

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I will miss this one. Done 3 in a row. Decided to support he wife for a change after her and the kids have supported me at 2 full IM's. The kids have never seen her race at 70.3 so we will support her......time to give something back :)

Sure I will regret it on the day....wishing i was doing it....but then again I'm going back to Full.

You can take the time to greet me as you wizz by on the bike

And we can finally have that beer DaveM has been promising us....

Yes man!

I entered the Monday after IM. Not going to PE this year, I just do not have the time to put the training in for the full. I'm just not looking forward getting there.....very expensive OR very long.

I entered the Monday after IM. Not going to PE this year, I just do not have the time to put the training in for the full. I'm just not looking forward getting there.....very expensive OR very long.

Hopefully flysafair ect will be up and running - they are taking over the old 1time route which includes EL

Are we going to see you on the start line next year She-been?

vjJGR, you know I can't afford it, that's like asking a bergie what car he's going to buy next.

but seriously, definitely not if it's sold out this week.With totalsports challenge and dirtopia 24hr on the table it's a busy january already (without even mentioning attakwas).

vjJGR, you know I can't afford it, that's like asking a bergie what car he's going to buy next.

but seriously, definitely not if it's sold out this week.With totalsports challenge and dirtopia 24hr on the table it's a busy january already (without even mentioning attakwas).

Get a sponsor and do it for them .... although the cost is getting there not so much the entry imo

Also you aren't a bergie - even if you act like it at times. Head up big guy im sure things will turn around

I find that beer cans fall out of the bottle cages :eek:

Yes, first round is on me.

Entered as well.

I just thought it was interesting and coincidental that when they air on Supersport, that they announce there is only X amount of places available.

Hiya

Im thinking of buying a sleeveless wetsuit for East London.

Anyone got any views or thoughts about this idea.

Hiya

Im thinking of buying a sleeveless wetsuit for East London.

Anyone got any views or thoughts about this idea.

I think its a bad idea. Obviously some people feel it gives them more shoulder freedom but remember EL's water is normally very cold so you would want to keep as warm as possible even if you lose a minute or two due to this.

If you are not a very strong swimmer then I would not consider this.

I think its a bad idea. Obviously some people feel it gives them more shoulder freedom but remember EL's water is normally very cold so you would want to keep as warm as possible even if you lose a minute or two due to this.

If you are not a very strong swimmer then I would not consider this.

Sleeveless is fine for EL. The water averages between 17 and 21 years round. Come visit in the Cape if you want to experience some cold water!

Archived