[Event] MTN National MTB Series #6 Van Gaalen Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

Agree, that if you see your koek on that descent its hospital time...out for months...I normally ride the first 100 meters or so, but the rest, aikona....over and above the traffic that you are fighting, you really dont want to fall there. Actually surprised its not a portage like that one section in the monster.

Anyhow

I rode last years... all of it

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see from Google Earth on the route map, that section is the same as last year, not that hectic technical descent, of 2012 and previous editions.

Last year that included a floating bridge. No mention of that this year. Water might be a bit chills for those who don't make it, and a few didn't. Slowing down was there off-coming.

if you zoom in on the map and change it to satellite, you can see the floating bridge / water crossing...

it's about at the 42km mark.

post-30949-0-73786800-1402311879_thumb.jpg

Edited by typhoon

that's what I am talking about bru - Squier was one of the few that rode that,and I am sure a few others.

Where I came short (literally) was after changingg my mind / chickening out, to try and stop and dismount means moving ur weight fwd and a launch over the handlebars follows. Dropper seat post should help solve that problem, but one does need commitment, and more importantly, skills.

I did?? I honestly can't remember.

What I do remember is that I definitely didn't ride last year's descent. I had a 1 year old at home so my medical aid was long gone! Couldn't afford to take any chances. ;-)

This year I'll be klapping a portage again. I now have a 2 year old and a 3 month old, that broken clavicle won't go down well with the folks at Discovery.

No shame in going for a leisurely stroll down that mountain.

Right on.....if you walking move out my way!!

Wahahhahaha ask him about nikita.... :whistling: Mordor as he puts it

Edited by rouxtjie

Sounds like it was rough, says it was dust. Maybe its time for roadbike?

skillz with some "sitting while you pee retort" in 5...4...3...2....1

I did point that out to him btw...iwan, mike and derrick all have roadbikes....he gave me the houtoog

skillz with some "sitting while you pee retort" in 5...4...3...2....1

I did point that out to him btw...iwan, mike and derrick all have roadbikes....he gave me the houtoog

Ja nee ek se maar niks nie... :ph34r:

Sounds like it was rough, says it was dust. Maybe its time for roadbike?

Shut your whore mouth

Me and pedally roadbike dont go in the same sentence.

I have a proper road bike :thumbup:

I missed last years VG due to injury and recovery. I've heard frightening things about the floating bridge. That the side when riding off of it is very slippery and okes were falling everywhere. Is this the case?

I missed last years VG due to injury and recovery. I've heard frightening things about the floating bridge. That the side when riding off of it is very slippery and okes were falling everywhere. Is this the case?

Why do you want to ride off it?

Stay in the middle

Straight bridge - was no problem. Didn't see anyone fall in.....but there is always one (or more)

I rode to Mordor on Saturday, Im ready for this ride now.

Sweet.

Remember....we eat when we leave the shire....not when we knocking on mordor's gates.