Epic Stickers, what adhesive is used?

ChUkKy

You have to pay an additional R20k for that 1 sticker.

It wasnt budgeted for in the early days.

I have a couple of those stickers... slightly used.... available for sale... lets say 10k per.... for my favourite charity - MSF.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only sentiment a race has for me is when I am old one day and I sit with my great grandkids, oupa can tell them how he rode his mtb and finished the events.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

The only sentiment a race has for me is when I am old one day and I sit with my great grandkids, oupa can tell them how he rode his mtb and finished the events.

You are turning into a grumpy old man.... you should be planning to ride your bike with your great grandkids... and take them to races... :)

Love my Epic sticker on my bike . Will never take it off . Worked freaken hard for it , trained my 15hrs per week for 5 months and suffered big time . Wear my Epic tshirt and jacket as often as I can ! Oh ja and on my Prado I carry a sticker that says ABSA CAPE EPIC FINISHER 2014 . Man I'm proud of myself for achieving this ! Does'nt matter if you can afford to do it or not . Finish it , it will change your life guaranteed !

some people keep them all! I've seen people with them all down the top tube! i took both of mine off pretty much straight away. sure i kept them but not on my bike... its as people say though isn't it 'how do you know if someone has ridden cape epic?' 'because they'll tell you'

Why is it that the toughest races in the world offer no prize money? And the toughest athletes go dfWhy is it that the toughest races in the world offer no prize money? And the toughest athletes go unnoticed while conventional stage races glorify the few after just 5 or 6 hours on a bike, with podiums and pampered massages. That's not tough. Tough is when you’re not sure where you're going to sleep. Tough is when you've been going for 20 hours and the small shop you hoped would be your resupply has now shut down. Tough is when you have to cover 200 miles on nothing more than a bag of almonds in a drizzle and a soul that's about to go out. That's tough.

The world discounts qualities that really matter, like perseverance and belief and determination. It lavishes praise on pampered pros and blows dirt on the underdog. Well not anymore. The time has come. The time is now. Its time to recognize the racers that have lived largely in the shadows and obscurity while their colleagues bask in the glory. Its time to give back.

Its MUNGA time!

while conventional stage races glorify the few after just 5 or 6 hours on a bike, with podiums and pampered massages. That's not tough. Tough is when you’re not sure where you're going to sleep. Tough is when you've been going for 20 hours and the small shop you hoped would be your Why is it that the toughest races in the world offer no prize money? And the toughest athletes go unnoticed while conventional stage races glorify the few after just 5 or 6 hours on a bike, with podiums and pampered massages. That's not tough. Tough is when you’re not sure where you're going to sleep. Tough is when you've been going for 20 hours and the small shop you hoped would be your resupply has now shut down. Tough is when you have to cover 200 miles on nothing more than a bag of almonds in a drizzle and a soul that's about to go out. That's tough.

The world discounts qualities that really matter, like perseverance and belief and determination. It lavishes praise on pampered pros and blows dirt on the underdog. Well not anymore. The time has come. The time is now. Its time to recognize the racers that have lived largely in the shadows and obscurity while their colleagues bask in the glory. Its time to give back.

Its MUNGA time!

resupply has now shut down. Tough is when you have to cover 200 miles on nothing more than a bag of almonds in a drizzle and a soul that's about to go out. That's tough.

Its MUNGA time

Any of the pro epic faithfuls doing the MUNGA?

I never put these stickers on my bike, it's a mission to get off when you sell the bike. When I get home after being hardcore for a week, bleed through my ears and cried like a baby I go stick it up my pole where my bicycles hang :thumbup: I sometimes take out my number board and ride around with it so people can see :ph34r:

What is the Munga offering? Laser etching on ones frame and bumper? Perhaps a hologram type sticker so people know it's genuine?

Surely one can't spend $10 000 on entry and not have others know. I guess we'll find out in January

If I pay 10k USD for a race, they would have to tattoo MUNGA in bold on my forehead. People must know even when I am off the bike.

What is the Munga offering? Laser etching on ones frame and bumper? Perhaps a hologram type sticker so people know it's genuine?

Surely one can't spend $10 000 on entry and not have others know. I guess we'll find out in January

A tattoo should do the job, more permanent, bragging rights for life :thumbup:

I never put these stickers on my bike, it's a mission to get off when you sell the bike. When I get home after being hardcore for a week, bleed through my ears and cried like a baby I go stick it up my pole where my bicycles hang :thumbup: I sometimes take out my number board and ride around with it so people can see :ph34r:

What a great idea - gonna lend mine to my SIL so he can feel what it's like to be hardcore.

I see your epic sticker and raise you one Ironman tattoo

I see your ironman tattoo and raise you 1 Epic Lion tattoo..... and if you don't know what that is, sorry for you... :)

All the guys wearing epic jerseys sit around the campfire telling war stories to the young Sani lads. That is until the real makulus walk on over with Freedom Challenge blankets, draped over their shoulders. Then it goes silent.

All the guys wearing epic jerseys sit around the campfire telling war stories to the young Sani lads. That is until the real makulus walk on over with Freedom Challenge blankets, draped over their shoulders. Then it goes silent.

Totally entire different types of riding.

Totally entire different types of riding.

Totally agree. Spirit of adventure vs. Heat of the competition, and so on.

I myself will likely never do an Epic, and I'm even less likely to put myself through a freedom challenge. Both take training, dedication, and endurance, which I currently do not have. Both seem pretty monumental to me.

Totally agree. Spirit of adventure vs. Heat of the competition, and so on.

I myself will likely never do an Epic, and I'm even less likely to put myself through a freedom challenge. Both take training, dedication, and endurance, which I currently do not have. Both seem pretty monumental to me.

As an example, I won't do Freedom , but I will do The Munga.

I think the guys who do Freedom have bigger balls than anyone tackling that cold.