Camelbak/ Hydration pack options

Andy_Mills

I put one in front of my rear shock, one on my seat post and on the longer rides, I sometimes put a 500ml Energade in my middle back pocket

See, I don't buy those pocketed shirt dingeses. Just a normal Maxed or Adidas etc wicking top for me

Oh. And If I were to mount one on my seat post, it'd moer the bejeesus out of my dropper post.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I don't buy those pocketed shirt dingeses. Just a normal Maxed or Adidas etc wicking top for me

Oh. And If I were to mount one on my seat post, it'd moer the bejeesus out of my dropper post.

Then you need bottles or a hydration pack.

I think the reason why I hate hydration packs is the fact that I had a cheap one. Maybe a more expensive one would fit better.

Some us prefer not to ingest trail dust/mud and whatever else a bottle may collect.

I take my Dakine Nomad on every ride. The Dakine products are excellent. The same things packed into my Camelbak Mule feel twice as heavy.

Lol. The other good thing about my big ass pack. If I want to do some extra training on the ride - wham! Take off the pack, instant dumbbell!

I have to agree with the comments above regarding mud on the mouth piece of a bottle, and some of the mud is not just mud....so rather the backpack which keeps the mouthpiece out of the main flow of mud....

Then you need bottles or a hydration pack.

I think the reason why I hate hydration packs is the fact that I had a cheap one. Maybe a more expensive one would fit better.

Absolutely. The cheaper ones are definitely missing out on the fit factor. Anything camelbak / Dakine / first ascent etc is great. Maxed / cheap brands - not so much.

Absolutely. The cheaper ones are definitely missing out on the fit factor. Anything camelbak / Dakine / first ascent etc is great. Maxed / cheap brands - not so much.

I had a Maxed, gave it away after 2 months.

I've got a First Ascent pack, bladder didn't last more than 2 months (cap to close it broke). The bag itself is great though, but I'm going to get a Camelbak replacement bladder rather than a cheap one.

Lol. The other good thing about my big ass pack. If I want to do some extra training on the ride - wham! Take off the pack, instant dumbbell!

Haha :lol:

Seriously, when I first packed it and put it on I thought I had left something out :eek:

On long trail days have never run out of space with 18L: food, 3L water, rain jacket, long sleeve top, goggles, even knee/elbow protection inside the main compartment.

I've got a First Ascent pack, bladder didn't last more than 2 months (cap to close it broke). The bag itself is great though, but I'm going to get a Camelbak replacement bladder rather than a cheap one.

Do yourself a favour and get the Dakine bladder. Better in every way...

Edit: Sorry iPad won't let me post pics

Edited by SLiiick

Guest Hollow Man

I am new to the Camelbak thing; I have a HAWG NV30 which is used as a multi-purpose pack, not just for cycling. When loaded with 2-3l of water, plus tools, some food etc, it weighs 5-6kg. I hardly feel the pack due to the excellent padding system, and I am not a very big oke. It is a great pack, but it is (probably too)big. The build quality of the pack is excellent. More weight = stronger body(eventually) * This is my story, and I am sticking to it..... :ph34r:

Dakine make great kit all round. My cycling day pack is still my 7 year old heliboarding pack from snowboarding days. Fits well, great bladder, secure, light and tough as. Been everywhere and still kicking.

I see Cape Union Mart have a K-Way 2L hydartion pack for R299( no space for anything else really), and then a bigger one for R399! And they'll deliver free of charge(3-5 day delivery)

Im getting one today!

With a smaller/cheaper pack - on those days when you do stuff it with everything including the kitchen sink... The whole pack becomes taught which results in the back "support" arching and deforming so that the straps end up in the wrong place etc. It just becomes an uncomfortable burden. I don't get that with a bigger pack.