Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

10 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I am going to call BS on that pricing. 

The base model is 14 grand here. The T7 is around 9 here and over 200k zar. The aprillia 660 is just over 10k here and 270k zar. 

no way will the the desert X be 260k. That would be below landed cost. 

Its a R300k+ bike for sure..........

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I am going to call BS on that pricing. 

The base model is 14 grand here. The T7 is around 9 here and over 200k zar. The aprillia 660 is just over 10k here and 270k zar. 

no way will the the desert X be 260k. That would be below landed cost. 

so what you are saying is to jump on that price and hold them to it :P

36 minutes ago, Hairy said:

so what you are saying is to jump on that price and hold them to it :P

Jump on it. Will only appreciate from 260 I reckon. 

using the aprillia as a comparison this is going to be close to 325 I reckon. 

On 5/3/2022 at 11:23 AM, Duane_Bosch said:

Ok so 20 minute round trip on that beastie?

I pretty much like 1 type of bike. Race replica superbikes. But a Triumph Rocket is a special thing. What possessed them to put that motor into a motorbike is beyond me but I'm glad they did.

I think Triumph copied the American's "ain't no substitute for cubic inches"

The Guzzi guys are insisting I come back and give the MGX-21 a spin on a nice sunny day (Today was a shocker to be on a bike in CT).

That V85 I rode today was a very interesting ride, and in a good way. It really has my attention, but also has me wanting to try more bikes. I had this demo bike, and the red/white in real life looks really good. I have lots to say about this experience today, but not ready to put it to text. All I can say is this little bike is pretty awesome.
https://italianmi.co.za/product/demo-2020-moto-guzzi-v85-tt/

So after riding Guzzi, I just do not understand why motorbikes do not come with autocancelling indicators ........ it is such a simple thing, but really why oh why do you make the rider have to cancel the indicator after turning.

I believe it’s a Harley thing...

Although I stand to correction. My BMW cancels if lean is sufficient, otherwise gotta cancel. And that’s a pain.

My Dyna Wide Glide had self cancelling indicators. The Rocket not. Will admit they are handy.

24 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

I believe it’s a Harley thing...

Although I stand to correction. My BMW cancels if lean is sufficient, otherwise gotta cancel. And that’s a pain.

Yip, it is a HD thing .... and if HD could have "such high tech" on their bikes for so many years, surely the rest could do the same.

Confession time ... I have been looking at middle weight adventure bikes on youtube, and looking a lot ..... it is just that they are generally just so bloody ugly.

12 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Confession time ... I have been looking at middle weight adventure bikes on youtube, and looking a lot ..... it is just that they are generally just so bloody ugly.

Have you tried a suzuki vstrom yet?