Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still dreaming to own one of these. One of the oddities of these bikes , is them leaning to the right? when the motor picks up revs.

Yup - I had an LM3 - took a while to get used to.  That, and the linked brakes - was really odd feeling the front dip when you pressed the rear brake!

riff raff? That you Frank n Furter?

riff raff said with affection .... call my kids that too at times ... :P

great soundtrack BTW

Edited by Hairy

riff raff said with affection .... call my kids that too at times ... :P

great soundtrack BTW

Yes I got that. Just reminded me of the movie.

And to your question, no, but they look interesting. The range of products they sell too is huge. I wish we had such choice.

Yes I got that. Just reminded me of the movie.

And to your question, no, but they look interesting. The range of products they sell too is huge. I wish we had such choice.

:thumbup:

I previously posted about a mate of mine who collects bikes, and has some lovely ex-GP bikes. Can't find the original post, but I did promise some pics of them.

IMG_20180824_161713.jpg

IMG_20180824_161610_HDR.jpgIMG_20180824_161642.jpg

IMG_20180824_161625.jpg

Got to see him on the weekend, and he has some absolutely incredible stuff in his collection. Quite a few Bimota's, MV's, Rickman, and some very rare local bikes.

This is a stunning collection!

I ha

ve a Pirelli Angel ST on the front at the moment and it gives zero feel or feedback. Honestly I did just over 120km on track and I have no idea if I was near the limit of its grip or not. Thats not what I want in a tyre.

The rear Michelin, yes I got the bike with these mismatched tyres, gave plenty of feel and you could see it in the use of the tyre and confidence I had getting on the power. Turning in was a horrible experience, no confidence, ran wide many times because I just didn't know if the front would hold.

That being said everybody seems to rave about them, so maybe its just me........

I am still getting used to the tyres. I also err on the side of caution, but I do like to push it a bit too. No tracks in my area, but I have the Outeniqua and Robinsons Pass to play on. Just have to get the timing right regarding traffic. I think the Angel ST will do me fine for my current requirements but having read your opinion I will be be cautious! I was very used to my Bridgestones, will likely return to those.

Robinson Pass is bumpy..........helps keep the speed down! Outeniqua Pass has some gorgeous corners, but a couple are always damp to wet......keeps one a little more careful. I stopped to help a youngster two days ago who was perhaps a little too over enthusiastic and binned his small Kawa Ninja, one of them little twins. Dropped on the damp road. He okay.......shaken, but bike a mess.

Received a quote to wrap BMW K1200S in pearl white for R6500. Adding stickers or other details off course extra.

Does this sound like a fair price?

4a4aef430a00e04c1d618ba7b44c60fc.jpg

Received a quote to wrap BMW K1200S in pearl white for R6500. Adding stickers or other details off course extra.

Does this sound like a fair price?

4a4aef430a00e04c1d618ba7b44c60fc.jpg

Sounds a little pricy, what exactly do they wrap for that price?

Does this sound like a fair price?4a4aef430a00e04c1d618ba7b44c60fc.jpg

The bike looks stunning, do you just want a colour change? Is the wrap easy to remove at a later date if one wants to?

I thought to do fairings of my FZR, but in standard colours. That would be more exspensive due to the patterns.

Price sounds fair to me as a full spray job can run to a lot more than that, especially if one can remove and change the wrap every few years (if you like to change colours!)

Be fussy with them though. I saw a Bee Emm 1000R that had been wrapped. It was on the floor of a well known dealer in Gauteng. Bike looked stunning, but on closer inspection I noticed some small bubbles in the wrap. I would not be happy with ghat if paying a lot of hard earned Randellas!

Edited by Spokey

Just for comparison, I received a quote of R1500 to do just the tank of my GSA.

Don't know if that helps..

The bike looks stunning, do you just want a colour change? Is the wrap easy to remove at a later date if one wants to?

I thought to do fairings of my FZR, but in standard colours. That would be more exspensive due to the patterns.

Price sounds fair to me as a full spray job can run to a lot more than that, especially if one can remove and change the wrap every few years (if you like to change colours!)

Be fussy with them though. I saw a Bee Emm 1000R that had been wrapped. It was on the floor of a well known dealer in Gauteng. Bike looked stunning, but on closer inspection I noticed some small bubbles in the wrap. I would not be happy with ghat if paying a lot of hard earned Randellas!

Does Bogus not do tanks?