Which Hubs with Stan's rims

awesme

If you love to change bearings and like replacing a free hub that gets eaten by a cassette, especially a sram cassette, The Stans 3.30 hub is up your alley

Hope, King, DT 240, Industry 9 or White Industries if you're keen to throw money at them. If you're on a budget I'd say Superstar Trizoid or Novatec, in that order.

Avoid Stans 3.30 unless you're good at replacing bearings and don't mind the downtime.

Well crap......new bike came with Stans 3.30. Will have to see, good reason to get some wide lightnings on Hope's.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DTSwiss 240S Stan's ZTR 355

Lefty Comp Stan's ZTR 355

8 years old and plenty of mileage

Edited by GoLefty!!

Hope Pro II on Arch with DT Revolution spokes.

Custom built by me. Silver spokes with 2 black ones at the valve, Hope logo on the hub pointing at the valve.

4 years of hassle free riding.

Well crap......new bike came with Stans 3.30. Will have to see, good reason to get some wide lightnings on Hope's.

Nothing wrong with Stans hubs if you look after them. Stick a new set of bearings in every year. Not like it'll break the bank.

Nothing wrong with Stans hubs if you look after them. Stick a new set of bearings in every year. Not like it'll break the bank.

Good to hear :)

Dont get me wrong great light strong wheels with a Stans 3.30 hub, as long as you change those bearing before they seize and damage the hub, One persons year is very different to the next person, I would say change the bearing every 1000KM, and yes they are cheap R40 each from bearing man,

Crest with slx hubs, but rear hub is crap. You need to service it every 500km and you have to buy the whole axle if to cones are done. Shimano make the worst hubs IMO.

• 6 years later...

Lets reopen this thread....stans 3.3 ti lighter than Sun Ringle dirty flea hin and yes they made by same company.Need opinions on which one has less rotational or rolling resistance? Not sure if im making sense.