Trail Runners in Tokai...

SpyDude

This weekend saw a few very near nasty crashes involving riders going down the ONLY LEGAL bike trails in Tokai and groups of joggers jogging up the MTB trails.

We pay, they don't. They have full FREE use of the entire mountain trail in Tokai as well as any mountain in Cape Town. We are restricted to 2 trails.... (DH and Snakes)

Someone is going to get hurt soon. And as usual no one seems to know whats going on or what to do about it... so for now, if you downhill, prepare for some lekker human cushions on the way down... (Hint: boobies make good air bags. :eek: )

PS, going over a jump is apparently considered reckless riding?????????

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a discussion on FB about this? I could be wrong but I'm sure many of these questions were being answered.. anyone know anything about this?

Wasn't there a discussion on FB about this? I could be wrong but I'm sure many of these questions were being answered.. anyone know anything about this?

there has been zero official response in terms answering the rider questions. taking surprisingly long.

but in the absence of that, we started making lemonade by mention the merits of additional eye_soothing sites on the trails... :devil: :thumbup:

Edited by Capricorn

Yes, i decided to bring this to the hubb as the facebook one went no where and only told us stuff we already new. Also i think its good that as many people know whats going on. More channels the merrier.

Also the more people that are aware that the MTB trails are infested with joggers... the better. I know what i am aiming for next time.. the one with the SABS approved big air bags :cursing:..... hey..How you doin?

Also the more people that are aware that the MTB trails are infested with joggers... the better. I know what i am aiming for next time.. the one with the SABS approved big air bags :cursing:..... hey..How you doin?

fine. but calling dibs on the soft landings with the one in bright red/pink.yinne, she was mega hot.

this fred is no useless without pitchas

no pitchas means you didn't see nuffing

even better would be gro pro footage turned into gif format to demostrate simple harmonic motion

Edited by GoLefty!!

This one?

10269100_10154106244215538_386633402352754214_o.jpg

:wub: :P had the great fortune of passing those runners a few times on Sunday. Dont know how we missed the guys camping that section of vasbyt...

Edited by Capricorn

nice soft focus but the res is too low and did you hear about zoooomA?

I'm sure Spydude can post the original

I saw one guy running up the DH trails on Sunday afternoon. Guy basically followed the trail up Vasbyt, up the DH trail above Vasbyt all the way to the top of Boulders. Crazy. He was seriously lucky that it was a quiet Sunday afternoon, I know the DH guys are normally about on Sundays.