Sabie Experience 2014

KENDA

Last year we had the Bull Run drop off within the first 5 kms of the prologue which was quite a challenge for many. I wonder how the Ulusaba compares, for what it's worth my avatar was taken on the Bull Run.

Yes, maybe they should give some comparison in terms of difficulty / ridability. I enjoyed bull run; was fun!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Run was first put in in 2013 ... lotsa funny moments in that year's highlights vid. Last year there were no marhsalls in sight so I didn't expect it, did a proper drop into it, probably landed 2-3m down ... yoh, not good idea with a stomach bug :D

Last year YR predicted similar weather and I concerned myself with it.... worried...  in the end it was fantastic.  First day was clouded - not much rain - very muddy from the previous days' rain.  But all in all a good day's riding.  2nd day was fantastic - hot.

So, this year I've decided to not worry... what comes our way, we'll DWI (deal with it) :-).

Obviously hoping it clears up, but not keeping awake at night due to the forecast. hehehehe

Last year YR predicted similar weather and I concerned myself with it.... worried... in the end it was fantastic. First day was clouded - not much rain - very muddy from the previous days' rain. But all in all a good day's riding. 2nd day was fantastic - hot.

So, this year I've decided to not worry... what comes our way, we'll DWI (deal with it) :-).

Obviously hoping it clears up, but not keeping awake at night due to the forecast. hehehehe

Just pack in extra LUBE......

Damn......don't think ductape will do the job to fix this.........most probably will not last the whole Sabie. Blame dikgatheid........ BUFFALO.

Momsen seat post.

post-41755-0-76662500-1418323633_thumb.jpg

Well, well, well.........day 1 finished......and what a mudfest galore. Any type of mud you can think of.....the brown, red, black, beige etc stuff from loose to clay........klou soos daai ander goed aan 'n wolkombers. Throw in some pine needles also and you have added weight to the bike instantly. Steering was almost a religious exercise.......in some places very slippery.

The views were however very nice.

post-41755-0-36933500-1418475546_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-82746500-1418475605_thumb.jpg

Now to clean and service.

Edited by BarHugger

Hmmm.......intersting developments.

Message from race organisers:

Sabie X Riders! Due to conditions on Prologue today and number of withdrawals, it has been decided that all riders who started the stage but did not complete the distance for whatever reason, will be awarded the slowest time plus 5 minutes and can continue ridIng Stage 2 as OFFICIAL RIDERS/TEAMS.

There were some mechanical casualties and very muddy steeds.

post-41755-0-40329300-1418481703_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-47408800-1418481907_thumb.jpg

Well, well, well.........day 1 finished......and what a mudfest galore. Any type of mud you can think of.....the brown, red, black, beige etc stuff from loose to clay........klou soos daai ander goed aan 'n wolkombers. Throw in some pine needles also and you have added weight to the bike instantly. Steering was almost a religious exercise.......in some places very slippery.

The views were however very nice.

DSC_1565~2.jpg

DSC_1566~3.jpg

Now to clean and service.

Glad to see you could get your seatpost sorted...

Enjoy the rest of the mud fest

Yesterday broke my deruiler hanger and chain so DNF for day one unfortunatly. Today was better two crashes in the slippery single track and a lot of climbing so legs at a bit tired

What an extreme contrast between yesterday and today..........sun out, nice track, temperature up and a whole lot less mud. How was that last climb after the last water station.......pure heartbreak hill........you climb, and climb, and climb a little bit more.......and then you see a corner flattening out......which is just the start of another climb........hybo! Got a nice cycling tan for todays effort......and I must say that watermelon pieces at water stations is 'n wenner in my boek. Ek lyk soos 'n bulldog wat pap vreet.........!

post-41755-0-69478000-1418557859_thumb.jpg

Edited by BarHugger