Online shopping in South Africa

PureMotion Sports

Used to buy online a lot .Problem is you buy stuff because of pricing and not because you need them .Sizing and models arn,t always the same as what you ordered .I have bought to much stuff that were wrong and the savings are minimal .I often buy things on the hub with great success. .Bought winter gloves yesterday at my LBS .The L,XL and XXL all fitted ,but the XL was just right in this particular brand

Edited by Blitzer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash the industry open wide and be the first bicycle specific SA online store to offer free shipping on all orders.

You will win. Majority on thehub have ordered stuff at some time or other online, all about better availability and price online.

So what's your website?

www.puremotionsports.co.za - free shipping

Local online shops don't have the big selection that oversee shops have but it not really that cheap to buy from overseas once you have worked out the shipping and the Vat on top of that.You guys do POC products,but I must be honest they are a bit over priced compared to other products. The price does not justify what the product gives you.#valueformoney

Hey Marius, I'm guessing you have never owned a POC product? They are the benchmark of quality

Hey Marius, I'm guessing you have never owned a POC product? They are the benchmark of quality

No I have not, want one of your helmets but for the price there are a lot of other helmets that are cheaper as good and good looking. Have a look at the review that was done on helmets on the hub and you will see the 661 EVO,Bell Super and POC in a shoot out, and for almost 1k the less than the POC the 661EVO comes out tops. The same goes for sunglasses,I think the POC is overpriced compared to competitors with similar technology. Hats of to POC for being the first to bring MIPS to helmet design,I just think that they are really appealing to the higher end of the market and not us lower down the pecking order. Edited by MariusKlokie

There is no local retail experience..

My local Finish Line never has stock.

Much easier to go to one of the Saffa online stores or CRC.Cheaper as well

I wanted a 10 speed Dura Ace Brake Caliper set for my sons birthday and the best option was from CRC

We need a set of decent training wheels with tyres and cassette and will be going the local online option...watch out Naas!!Why must I bother with a bike shop that has to order everything I want and is more expensive

In order of preference:

Local LBS - mostly has to with relationship first and price second. Form a relationship with your LBS and the prices become competitive very quickly too. But....they need to do/be what this article says: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/angryasian-why-brick-and-mortar-is-still-relevant-38998/

Local online - find them generally pretty damn competitive.

Overseas online - generally only for clothing but then I travel a lot so deliver within Europe or the US (ie my hotel) and then bring home. Or for stuff you just cannot, and probably will never, get locally.