Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

Guest notmyname

I know it has been a while, but is there still a Hippo roaming about at Heia - used to be on the yellow trail? Wouldn't want to meet him/her on the trails while cycling alone :whistling:

Can of worms. Take cover.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it has been a while, but is there still a Hippo roaming about at Heia - used to be on the yellow trail?  Wouldn't want to meet him/her on the trails while cycling alone  :whistling:

Edit: Haven't been there in months therefore the question

We were there this past weekend, apparently there now two hippos, well that's what I was told at reception... 

We were there this past weekend, apparently there now two hippos, well that's what I was told at reception... 

...JAWS music playing in the background...

There is a rogue hippo in the general cradle area I have heard.

I have not encountered said hippo, but being the paranoid fool that I am, I constantly see "evidence" of the hippo activity...although I am sure it's just my imagination.

Good for interval training should you encounter it for reals...

Edited by RocknRolla

My son saw a warthog on the Cradle trail on Sunday. I think he got to the end 10 min before we did after the adrenalin kicked in. He shat himself!

My son saw a warthog on the Cradle trail on Sunday. I think he got to the end 10 min before we did after the adrenalin kicked in. He shat himself!

Hi BDF he's quite big, I 've seen him at the storm water drain near the circle close to Nirox. on that trail too!

I have not encountered said hippo, but being the paranoid fool that I am, I constantly see "evidence" of the hippo activity...although I am sure it's just my imagination.

Dude - you either saw a large pile of poo or you didn't . . . .

:-)

Afternoon all  . To use Hero Adventure facilities that  include Trails for mtb , walking , running , swimming ,paddeling  and and and (sport activities) . there is a R40-R50 Day pass fee . there is NO  extra fee for parking , conservancy , entrance ( and the list goes on ) payable to anyone else . .( and don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise ,leaflets , brochures and and and .  added to this if you go to reception or the office at any of the parks and none is there , you will see a Honesty box , this is clearly marked and branded so please pay your Hero usage fee there and not to anyone else . thanks guys and really appreciate the support . 

Afternoon all  . To use Hero Adventure facilities that  include Trails for mtb , walking , running , swimming ,paddeling  and and and (sport activities) . there is a R40-R50 Day pass fee . there is NO  extra fee for parking , conservancy , entrance ( and the list goes on ) payable to anyone else . .( and don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise ,leaflets , brochures and and and .  added to this if you go to reception or the office at any of the parks and none is there , you will see a Honesty box , this is clearly marked and branded so please pay your Hero usage fee there and not to anyone else . thanks guys and really appreciate the support .

Cool. Good luck :-)

Hi guys,

How safe is it to ride this trail alone?

Ridden many times alone with no issue.

Though try not to do what I did on my last solo outing, as it's pretty damn quiet out there: wiped hard on the red route, completely messed up my left leg and had a very entertaining (read painful) limp/hop/freewheel back to the car with one leg.

Thanks. Haven't been there in months, but just like you I am a "bit" paranoid and could of sworn I saw evidence of said hippo when I was there the last time.

I must say that is the fastest I have done the one section of the trail, perhaps next time I will take a "slower" friend along just to be safe

Dude - you either saw a large pile of poo or you didn't . . . .

:-)

There in lies the problem.. Hippos dont crap in a pile...they scatter their **** using their tails...

Unless it's another hippo, that hippo was shot and killed just before a big event at Heia. 
There was a huge uproar and consequently a bit of history today between the new land owner, the previous land owner and Hero. 

Thanks. Haven't been there in months, but just like you I am a "bit" paranoid and could of sworn I saw evidence of said hippo when I was there the last time.

I must say that is the fastest I have done the one section of the trail, perhaps next time I will take a "slower" friend along just to be safe

Does strava know?

Unless it's another hippo, that hippo was shot and killed just before a big event at Heia. 

There was a huge uproar and consequently a bit of history today between the new land owner, the previous land owner and Hero. 

It is another Hippo (or two possibly)

Hi BDF he's quite big, I 've seen him at the storm water drain near the circle close to Nirox. on that trail too!