Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

I have, with dire consequences.....

attachicon.gifEina.jpg

Ouchies, that is wicked man.

I can imagine you were worse off after that hit. You'll stick it next time.

;)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grass was long, it was my first ride at the park, and I had no idea it was a gap. I thought it was a steep down, so entering I shook off a lot of speed, rolled down but when hit the bottom the bike stopped instantly, smashing my crotch into the back of the seat. I somehow managed to still pull up, and ride up the other side. stopped, got off my bike to inspect the damage.

No more ride, as I limped back to the car.

This was the result:

attachicon.gifEina.jpg

Did not take a photograph of my nether regions, but it was bruised...lots

Keen to give it a go again....

Steel balls you've got to do that to a saddle

Guest notmyname

The grass was long, it was my first ride at the park, and I had no idea it was a gap. I thought it was a steep down, so entering I shook off a lot of speed, rolled down but when hit the bottom the bike stopped instantly, smashing my crotch into the back of the seat. I somehow managed to still pull up, and ride up the other side. stopped, got off my bike to inspect the damage.

No more ride, as I limped back to the car.

This was the result:

Eina.jpg

Did not take a photograph of my nether regions, but it was bruised...lots

Keen to give it a go again....

OUCH!

• 1 month later...

Could be the hippo is there? Only real reason I can think of.

what I was thinking too

Guest notmyname

Could be the hippo is there? Only real reason I can think of.

That would awesome.

Maybe because Heia Safari has been sold, and the land use is unclear?  Red and Yellow is not on Heia's Property?

Maybe because Heia Safari has been sold, and the land use is unclear? Red and Yellow is not on Heia's Property?

Wow that is interesting. Hope the delay is not too long as a result.

Was there this morning. Land has been sold, currently, hero adventures is in apparent dispute with the new landowner over the use of the trails. This is what we were told at the gate.

Later, my wife spoke to a lady in the office who explained that the new landowner is an avid cyclist, more trails are in the pipeline, but it seems he wishes to operate the trails, and do the further development without hero adventures as the trail operator.

he wishes to operate the trails, and do the further development without hero adventures as the trail operator.

How convenient...... :thumbdown:

All that hard work building those trails just to have it taken away from you  :(

If that is so, hero should charge for every hour of work and resource that has been put into the trail.. He may reconsider. Or hero will source back enough money to build elsewhere. But there are probably so many legal loops and rings to jump through at the moment.

Sounds like someone didn't have a proper (long term) contract in place?

If the land has been sold without provision being made for things to continue "as is" then the new owner can do what they like with their purchase. The world of verbal agreements can be a tricky one.

Sounds like someone didn't have a proper (long term) contract in place?

If the land has been sold without provision being made for things to continue "as is" then the new owner can do what they like with their purchase. The world of verbal agreements can be a tricky one.

For Hero's sake, I hope they did have the correct contracting in place... otherwise the new landowner may just have secured a very sweet deal... whether he can ethically use those trails for commercial purposes may be a different story, and a very sore point for Hero. But we are just speculating here... i just hope they can come to a fair agreement bearing in mind that Hero have really put so much effort and good work into it. It would be such a pity for someone else to unfairly gain from their excellent work.

Last I heard from speaking to Hero Owners is that there is a 10 year land lease in place with all necessary contracting, the owner is just a bit of a stickler and giving them uphill for minor issues but they will come out on top and continue to create and maintain the trails at Heia.

That's good to hear. They have done some amazing work out there and I support them whenever I can.

Archived