Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The park had a Huge storm yesterday, a helluva lot of trees blown over.

Saw my arse in the mud 3 times ( you would think i would learn after the 1st time)

Loose, slippery with sections of the yellow with large muddy water puddles

Was a great ride, as I got to the top of that b*tch of a climb on the red route.

Still an awesome place to ride!

• 2 weeks later...

Can some please help me.  Is there certain times the yellow route is open and closed? I've been there a few times, but have never found the yellow route to be open for riding.  This is frustrating as I've heard from people how awesome this route is and i just cant seem to ride it whenever i am there. 

The park had a Huge storm yesterday, a helluva lot of trees blown over.
Saw my arse in the mud 3 times ( you would think i would learn after the 1st time)
Loose, slippery with sections of the yellow with large muddy water puddles

Was a great ride, as I got to the top of that b*tch of a climb on the red route.

Still an awesome place to ride!

a few of those trees caught me out as well, cant see why someone cant go up with a chainsaw and clear the route a bit. 

Thnx to the guys from Hero AP for a awesome ride once again

Can some please help me.  Is there certain times the yellow route is open and closed? I've been there a few times, but have never found the yellow route to be open for riding.  This is frustrating as I've heard from people how awesome this route is and i just cant seem to ride it whenever i am there. 

a few of those trees caught me out as well, cant see why someone cant go up with a chainsaw and clear the route a bit. 

Thnx to the guys from Hero AP for a awesome ride once again

Was the gate locked? I was there on Sunday and rode the yellow.

Was the gate locked? I was there on Sunday and rode the yellow.

Same here, did some yellow laps on Saturday morning.

Have never found the gate to be locked.

Gate is latched, not locked.

Have never found it to be locked.

As for the trees. most have been cleared on the lawn side of the dam (in front of the bungalows), but there are some on the red loop that is still over the trail. not too much of a hinderance as there is a clear path being ridden around them.

Dammit...my bad, will have a closer inspection next time

No worries, I also turned around about 30 m from the gate first morning I rode there ;)

No worries, I also turned around about 30 m from the gate first morning I rode there ;)

I have turned around twice just before the yellow, after the red taught me a lesson...

I have turned around twice just before the yellow, after the red taught me a lesson...

Last time I was there I did Blue, Red and then Yellow. My plan was to do another loop of the Red, but I was completely knackered - the heat didn't help either. 

You shouldn't forget your bigboy climbing pants when heading to Heia. The climbs aren't very long, but they're loose and steep. 

Last time I was there I did Blue, Red and then Yellow. My plan was to do another loop of the Red, but I was completely knackered - the heat didn't help either. 

You shouldn't forget your bigboy climbing pants when heading to Heia. The climbs aren't very long, but they're loose and steep. 

Yep, there is a nice frequency of climbs as well..

I like the place. The 40 odd kays of riding there is a good workout.

Yep, there is a nice frequency of climbs as well..

I like the place. The 40 odd kays of riding there is a good workout.

True, my aim isn't for mileage there. 40km there is the equivalent workout of about 80km at a venue such as Modderfontein. 

The worst climb is on the Red trail, as you pass over that small stream. It's a dead straight climb with no place to hide. 

Guest notmyname

Rode here for the first time this morning. All I can say is AWESOME!

Mr trail builder man that we met at the second floating bridge, thanks for your enthusiasm and hard work. I'm sorry we didn't Introduce ourselves properly. Thanks again.

Neil.

I've never seen HAP so busy as today, maybe it's because I started much later than I normally do, maybe everyone is back from holiday, maybe more people are realizing how awesome the place is... 

Trails have taken a bit of a bashing from the storms of late but I still had a brilliant ride.

The giraffes always intrigue me so much... I could stare at them for hours! Fascinating creatures!

post-6012-0-97427600-1421489672_thumb.jpg

Also saw loads of these strange creatures today... they have choose to run rather than ride a bike :eek:

Makes no sense this running thing...

post-6012-0-22096900-1421489681_thumb.jpg

Was also there this morning. Excellent ride as always!

Was a bit disappointed as I did the Blue and Red trail and slashed my rear tyre's sidewall on the last descent of the Red. Couldn't do the Yellow with a compromised tyre. 

Only got to riding at 11am. It was 28 degrees when we started.

Blew my radiator at 12, and limped home on the red straight to the pool.

Not used to riding in this heat.

Laying on the couch now rehidrating with some amstels

Archived