Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If im not mistaken the floating bridge is on Blue but I might be wrong

Its on the blue, but there is a chicken run option (no shame in taking the run of the chickens)

Thanks. talks of heading there tomorrow. Forewarned is forearmed (and dry)

My mantra is someone made the effort to make the chicken run - it would be rude not to use it (hahaha) - although at rosemary hill once taking the chicken  run instead of the camber bridge resulted in a knee high mud bath - i think the trail builder had a HTFU sense of humour. 

Don’t take the bridge unless you’re fully prepared for a swim

I’ve crossed it about 4-times in the last two months and it’s grown more unstable every time. Getting across is now owed more to luck than any type of skill

(Ok. I’m not the most skilled biker)

Apart from the bridge HAP is probably the best MTB course in Joburg (if not Gauteng)

I’ve crossed it about 4-times in the last two months and it’s grown more unstable every time. Getting across is now owed more to luck than any type of skill

Apart from the bridge HAP is probably the best MTB course in Joburg (if not Gauteng)

Agree on the swimming part..no shame in taking the chicken run as that thing is seriously unstable.  Take it if its at the end of your run though :thumbup: .  Apart from the bridge, the rest of the course is absolutely amazing

Rode the blue and red routes on Saturday and I was seriously impressed by the quality of the trails and the amount of work that has been put into them.

WELL DONE and thank you to all the guys at Heia/Hero - I will be back for more.

Guest notmyname

We came to ride your trails today only to be told by the security that we would only be able to ride till ten. This was fine but when we got to reception some event organiser drol rudely said that there was a corporate event and that we would only be able to start at 8. Go have breakfast he said, We posted this all over Facebook. Well drol, none of our group are on faceshit. Why was this not posted here. Smartass. Thank you Avianto trails. That was a tit ride.

We came to ride your trails today only to be told by the security that we would only be able to ride till ten. This was fine but when we got to reception some event organiser drol rudely said that there was a corporate event and that we would only be able to start at 8. Go have breakfast he said, We posted this all over Facebook. Well drol, none of our group are on faceshit. Why was this not posted here. Smartass. Thank you Avianto trails. That was a tit ride.

Drol indeed! no need to be treated like that.

But I doubt the person you dealt with was anyone from HAP though, doesn't sound like the way they'd react.

Perhaps a sign at the main gate explaining the days events would've helped, for those not on FB.

Guest notmyname

Just communication with a smile. It would have been fine... We drove down the road and had a jol!!!!!!!!! My rant is by no means directed at the hero mense. My hat go's off to them for the work they have put in at heia and I can't wait to roll at kings. I just feel that they should

know how that 3rd party brass treats the man on the single track.

Just communication with a smile. It would have been fine... 

so true! so simple and totally effective.

on a lighter note... Yip .. looking forward to Kings too! :thumbup:

I have ridden the bridge successfully in the past and found it to be a bit dodge. I vowed to take the chicken run next time............yeah, right....last week the bridge looked somehow better, higher out the water, and in a moment of madness I went for it, mistake...I bailed, midway, it is a lot deeper than I expected ha ha! This old guy will take the chicken run next time, really!

I have ridden the bridge successfully in the past and found it to be a bit dodge. I vowed to take the chicken run next time............yeah, right....last week the bridge looked somehow better, higher out the water, and in a moment of madness I went for it, mistake...I bailed, midway, it is a lot deeper than I expected ha ha! This old guy will take the chicken run next time, really!

Went there on Wednesday, watched 3 ppl attempt to ride the floating bridge - only one made it. We took the chicken run

• 2 months later...

Took a couple pics out on the trails this morning....

The new arrival is so cute!!

Trails are, as always, AWESOME!!!!

post-6012-0-67810300-1419068510_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-35410700-1419068520_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-83265900-1419068528_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-40721400-1419068532_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-16098600-1419068537_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hero guys, we stumbled upon your trail yesterday morning while doing an ad hoc ride through the cradle.

We went through the switchback forest section and then through your gate onto the main road to get back home.

Just wanted to say that it is an amazing piece of ST. Also saw all the extra work you have been doing on the trail. I'll definitely be back there soon (with a board this time) to ride the official trail.

Keep it up guys, great job.

Archived